Character Tree, or "Ask Anything"

Alteil Story Discussion

Re: Character Tree

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Actually, I was thinking of splitting it up into 3 parts, one for each major event, plus an additional part for the different timelines.

Then I drew a sketch sheet for the battle of the holy realm and saw that practically EVERYONE (save for the majority of wizard kingdom) participated so it'd pretty much end up like what I have now. Honestly, the only factions that did not join that orgy-like brawl was the mermaids and pixies.
Then I drew a sketch sheet for the battle of the wizard kingdom and had the majority of the characters from the BotHR, save for the villains and oneshot characters.
Then I drew a sketch sheet for the battle at the stronghold and well, how to put it gallantly? It's like both of the previous sheets combined. It's like the maker of alteil have something against killing off good characters or something, because even Miffyre and Arius make an appearance. How the hell did Scarrion even get reborn so fast?
I pretty much said f-word it at this point and decided for this format.

Then my boyfriend pointed out that I could split the spheres/factions, but that falls, well, flat since they're pretty much joining forces and meddling with the spheres/factions starting with set 8/9.

About organizing it, yes I'm splitting my head open on how to sensibly do this, and I'll probably have some major overhaul once I add the other major factions, I actually didn't mean to post this until it was complete (But did so by popular demand...).

The only thing holding me back is the 3 hours window (the time I'm on the train) I have to work on this every day.
Either way, thanks for the feedback.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby CainHyde » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Oh yeah Arius.
Who is that boy actually?
Will he get another card in the future?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:53 pm

Arius is just sorta a King Arthur / Sora of the story where he gets a holy/God sword and becomes a warrior. He gets a future card.

Normal: https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=1608

Ex: https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=2956
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:13 am

Arius is kind of a spoof of the whole "Chosen" deal, he found this magical sword on his bedside table and got this "OMG, you're the chosen!" crap.

Now I only have his A2 flavor text, which is different from his A1 flavor text, but it mentions him being a mysterious swordsman that has wandered the world. The A1 flavor text apparently mentions him being at odds with the Solar Kingdom, but I haven't gotten my fingers on it yet.
He only appears in the last set, which is a set-in-the-future-set either way, so he has no impact on the story of A1.

On the other hand...
Divine Child of the Moon / Miffyre

We get her next set~ (4*)
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby phailures » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 am

She's holding a cute bunny charm :o

Also Arius gets 1 more card in the last set of A1? Besides the first 3* right?
phailures

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:18 am

AAAnd, another update done.
The train I was in got stuck, so I had some time to overhaul falkow factions and fix some crossing-mistakes.
Next is Gowen and the triad.
I also just noticed that one of the arrows went invisible (probably somehow got into a layer below the background), there is an arrow supposed to be going from Diondora to Ibert saying "Follows", will fix that next time.
That said, I'm not really satisfied with the WK layout yet, but still went with it since it's just a draft.
I also didn't add Bernet and Sumer yet, because those have a few more lines going and coming than the others.
What surprised me is that WK has a total of 35 characters, but the fewest connections so far.
Oh, and for some bilingual bonus; Seiryū, Suzaku, Byakko and Genbu are the names of the Four Gods of the chinese constellation system, adopted by the japanese.
Seiryū, also known as Qinglong in chinese, is the "Azure Dragon" that reigns to the east, and represents spring and the element of wood.
Suzaku, also known as Zhūquè, is the "Vermillion Bird", that reigns to the south, representing summer and the element of fire.
Byakko, also known as Báihǔ, the White Tiger, that reigns to the west, representing autumn and the element of metal.
Genbu, also known as Xuánwǔ, the Black Tortoise, that reigns to the north, representing winter and the element of water.
There is additionally the "Yellow Dragon" Huánglóng in the center, representing the changing of seasons and the element of earth, but is not included in the japanese system, since the fifth element there (void) is usually not represented by anything living.

I also drew a sketch sheet on a more organized version, but I lost the...napkin I drew it on...*cough*.

Edit: For some reason more than one arrow disappeared. There was an arrow going from Fomuna to a Return portrait saying "Created" (Yes, Fomuna created the return spell), and the arrow from Justice to Lapierre also disappeared. Weird.
Shirozaki

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:39 am

I always found it a bit confusing but isn't Vordore spying in WK? Also you probably meant the four Strategist.

I am also not sure about this but is Rozari the leader of them? Or is "the Tree of Wisdom, the Wizard Kingdom's council on strategic warfare" something else?
Anima13

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:43 am

It's mentioned in the MM book, yes, but since JP A1 has moved on to newer ones I can't really confirm this. He appears to still be working for the WK after the war.

And yes, she is, she mentions so in some dialogues. And no, I did not mean strategists, see my last post.
Shirozaki

Postby Khiruki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:52 am

Wait... what happened to Mirelia?

Mirelia....
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:55 am

She fought with Durendal (Did I forget to add this?) and survived. She is the one who leads the WK rebuilding initiative after the war, and stars in a children's book called "Homage to Mirelia" (No kidding)
Shirozaki

PreviousNext

Return to Steel's Campfire