Fan Fiction Contest

Alteil Story Discussion

Fan Fiction Contest

Postby Logress » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:02 am

It's been requested many times, so here it is: Logress' official Alteil Fan Fiction contest!

The rules are simple, write a short story or chapter about Alteil Characters (in game or original) that takes place in the world of Lavato (no stories about Iczers this time around). You have until July 1st. You may enter fan fics that have already been posted here or on the web if they meet the criteria, but not WAF submissions. Send them to logress@alteil.com

PRIZES: 1st: 150 Gran and 10 Point cards
Upon request, I will also offer a short critique for the winner. I'm a professional writer, story editor and script supervisor, and some may be interested. I've worked on Yugioh, Huntik, Winx Club (sorry about that one), some young adult novels and the dub scripts for a zillion anime titles (and other great works of literature).

5 runners up will get 2 point cards each
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Fan Fiction Contest

Postby kyokaze » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:42 pm

What is the length limit? There are some people like myself (i think?) that have a tendency to just keep going and end up with something very long.
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Logress » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm

You have to be able to finish writing it within the month.
Logress

Postby kyokaze » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:09 pm

You can still get quite alot out in 1 month. Also is there anywhere we can look to get a little back info on some things? Like who rules Regus? It is Catherine?
We may not be the strongest but we shall fight to the end! Let us spread our wings and soar to VICTORY!
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Logress » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Not likely, since she's not Wizard Kingdom, nor is she royalty. It's not yet revealed exactly how Regus is ruled, although on Larut's card it says a bit about the six wizard paladins who manage the day to day operation of the kingdom. Unfortunately, all we have on the details is the story on the site and the card text right now. I can answer any questions to the best of my ability, although the Japanese generally say when I ask them something "be vague." A lot of characters that don't obviously fit somewhere are pretty "stand alone", like Catherina who, by her card text, seems to be a ghost story even among the citizens of Lavato.

Anyway, you don't have to be perfectly in continuity, although if there is an "easy fix" I might recommend it. A simple way is to check by card type. If two characters are Solar Kingdom the probably know each other and are involved in Solar Kingdom plotlines.

The main "factions" are:
Solar Kingdom (led by Prince Verlaat)
Duchy of Crest (led by Princess Eskatia)
Mercenary Nation (led by Yuni)
Wizard Kingdom (led by 6 Wizard Paladins)
True God Church (closely connected to Solar Kingdom, founded by Abel (now dead) and led by the Pope (who else?))
Mermaids (part of the Mermaid kingdom, let by Vonderam)
Mazoku (no leader)
Cursed Legions (led by Zugataroza)
Abyssal Forces (led by Annarose from the shadows, they pretend to be working for the Duchy of Crest)
The Far East (not involved with the plot, but they cover all the asian immigrants onto the Continent, most immigrate to the Solar Kingdom or the Mercenary Nation)
Beltorat (Dragoneye Einhazard -- there are no cards from Beltorat yet)

Mercenary characters that are not part of the Mercenary Nation are wanderers. Other subtypes, like Monster, Wyvern, or Lycanthrope do not convey any kind of allegiance, although in some cases they may be employed by one of the other factions.

Others not part of one of these categories can still live in one of the above areas, but they don't belong to the predominant faction and probably don't know those factions' characters personally -- although you can change that in your stories, of course.
Logress

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Any information you can provide on Light Chaser / Advent, or Mazoku in general that might be useful for story writing. Not sure if I'm going to write a story (busy with my own projects) but if I did I'd probably want to write about Advent but the information I've drug up on him and Mazoku is pretty vague and confusing.

Advent is said to be more interested in the affairs of humans then most Mazoku right, so in theory as long as they're human it wouldn't be going out of character to have him interact with any human cards regardless of faction right? How exactly though does one chase light, what does that even mean? Actually, how does Advent do anything he does, I mean he's a walking talking bunny right, how does he fight or "generate sp" anyway, what does it even mean to generate sp in alteil if we're not including iczers in the story? :?: And in what way to any Mazoku interact with humans, just pop out of no where next to a group of humans fighting each other and say "So... I see your killing each other... whats that all about?" then pop away when they grow bored?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Otonashi » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 pm

Is there any place one can look up the flavor text on cards one does not own? The card list on the site only has stats, but not flavor text.
Otonashi

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:20 pm

If you want to see any flavour texts, just ask and i or someone else who has the card will post it.

Maybe alteil wiki has flavour text of some cards? Don't know, but you can still request flavour text of your choice to be posted.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby kyokaze » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:47 am

If someone could tell me how I wouldn't mind going in and filling in any flavor texts (If i have them) needed on the wiki, I'm sure there are some like me who love reading the quotes and test for story info.

Also can we enter more than 1 entry? I just had an idea for another story.
~ Twilight Angels ~
kyokaze

Postby Korokage » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:11 pm

How many of the Regus paladins have been released? I know of Larut and Ibert but have any others been released? And about the SP thing, just think about how most fantasy stories talk about mana or some such being the energy necessary to use magic and write from there. Also I could use some flavor text on Eskatia, Annarose, the Regus paladins and leviathan.

Also do we know anything about the topography of Lavato? Like where Regus, Duchy of Crest and such be in relation to one another? We can assume that Regus has some kind of beach front (that is defended by mermaids and sea monsters) but are one or more of the other major players land locked or something?

I ask too many questions. XD
Disclaimer: I no longer throw Sea Behemoths. Now I throw random units and grims with annoying effects. :3
Korokage

Next

Return to Steel's Campfire