Alteil Roleplay

Alteil Story Discussion

Alteil Roleplay

Postby Phenoca » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:35 am

Alteil Roleplay

Information

Each player selects one Alteil character to "roleplay". The object of the thread is to support other characters "in a roleplaying situation", so that players can progress through a post-driven storyline.

Requirements

You do not have to be an experienced roleplayer to join. Just try to progress the story, and be sure to read the storyline in order to make an in-character intro to the party (or as an aggressor). The more often you post, the better : )

Rules

Current maximum level for players: 4
(e.g. You cannot play as a level 9 Dragon.)

Healing counts as a period of rest. If a player dies (HP=0) then then they will have to wait until the party finds a priest.

Whenever posting, you should copy the list of players at the bottom of each post. This lets us remember who is playing. In order to link your name to a card, simply type [u r l=https://login.alteil.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=##]Your name[/u r l] without spaces. For example - Song Sorceress would be 93. If you have trouble finding the ID, just ask.

AT power determines how much damage you can do in combat. If you are a Song Sorceress, you won't be making any kills. But she does have an interesting Action Skill.

AGI determines your ability to "dodge", or react in a situation. This is because actions are done on a per-post basis. Most of the roleplaying will be outside of battle.

If you have a skill which is RNG based or position-based, then you determine how it operates. You can have the most powerful attack imagineable - as long as it works in-context with the storyline.

Regarding grimoires and soul skills: If you can find a way to make them work in-context, use them. Otherwise, do not worry about these cards.

Good luck!

- Phenoca
Last edited by Phenoca on Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phenoca

Prologue

Postby Phenoca » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:47 am

Keladry the Folrart Shrine Knight wandered amidst the upper-class district of Emil, the capital of the Solar Kingdom. She was looking for the temple where Ridrea had told the Shrine Knights to meet. Keladry pondered the meaning of this meeting. With war raging against Crest, how could she be called-upon to find a mere artifact? What was the importance of this artifact, and how would it help against the war between Crest and the Solar Kingdom? Was it merely a valuable memento for some upper-class family, or did it hold any significance. On her way to the temple, Keladry nearly tripped into someone, and stumbled to regain her balance.

Out-of-character: Let's find some party-members, and meet by the city-gates. If anyone wants to do some foreshadowing for Crest players, please do. Are Wizard Kingdom and Mercenary Nation at peace with Solar Kingdom?

Character List - HP & Names
30/30 Keladry
Copy Me
Phenoca

Re: Alteil Roleplay

Postby neviscus » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 am

As keladry was regaining herself, a hand helped her up. "I am sorry" said a young man. As she looked him over she noticed she recognized his clothing as that of an Azure Beastmaster"my name is Daniel, do you know where the Ridrea's temple would be? I was asked to be there." Keladry wondered why someone like him would be needed to see Ridrea. "I am going there now" she said. that's great he replyed. When they arrived, Ridrea said "good you two are finally here" she then looked at all the shrine knights and acknowledged Daniel, "he is a beastmaster in employ of the wizard kingdom. They are wanting to strenthen the bond between the two of us so he will be accompening us." Daniel then looked away "don't forget Shock" he said as a pegasus slowly came up.

30/30 Keladry
20/20 Daniel
40'40 Shock

(I need a little help finding the ID's and I also hope it was ok for me to change azure beastmaster, he really isn't wizard kingdom, and a minor fix, pegasus instead of turtle
Last edited by neviscus on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
neviscus

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 am

Level should be something else and shouldn't be limited. Level should just limit how much you can move around. If your level is high in alteil you waste a lot of SP to "move around".
Give every roleplayer a basic amount of SP, maybe 5, after that each turn (once per day or once per post) they gain an extra of 2 SP or of 1 SP.

HP, DF and AT is clear what it does.

AGI in my opinion should be EITHER reaction speed (with a dice roll on same agi) OR the option to dodge next attack!

RNG should be the ability to HIDE behind party member with lower RNG and at the same time the ability to hit far behind the lines of enemies that try to hide behind their allies. Ofcourse depending on the circumstances, you may attack from a distance and not get hit by the 1-2 RNG guy, example would be attacking over a large river.
People should try to define distance a bit more clearly when they add extra "story" in my opinion. It also helps with imagining the surroundings better.

SoulSkills should be activated only on death! And even then with a certain condition, for example a party member takes 30 DMG if you got 1 LP soul skill, so you can activated. You pay 20 HP for a 2 LP and 10 HP for a 3 LP(hey leilen SS and death dragon SS are still good :P). You should be able to decide if you want to activate it or not.

You could decide to make SP shareable or non-shareable, or make it transferable for a cost, for example you can give an ally 2-3 SP but you pay 1 SP.
And total sphere level (since units like magic doll lost) could be counted from the level of the party members. A leonardo + a lilith total a lawtia only sphere level of 4.
Sphere level is not there so you can jump in by also paying SP, but it's there so you can activate the SoulSkills and make them move powerful. For example leonardos soulskill!!
If there is a soul skill like soul proxy one, then let's decide about a DAMAGE event for that situation, for example something like 60 HP loss to one party member.

Then every card has a flavor text, maybe you should take that into consideration, but you could ignore it if you want.
Also when you want to play a character you should just remove the original character name and put your nickname there instead.

Also i think there should be several ways of getting revived IF YOU ARE DEAD. For example:
- you got SP equal or bigger than your level
- you get a free revive every X turn. X is your level
This would help those that want to "play" solo. :lol:

These are just suggestions.

Also if you want i could play the "dungeon master" for you guys and lay around some random grims and monsters for you to fight. :P
Rewards would be SP potions, HP potions, AT potions ... many other stuffs and sometimes even maybe a weak grim or a powerful one if you defeated a very strong oponent.
I maybe shouldn't tell you the content of a dungeon, but i could tell you the LEVEL of it. So you know if you should enter it yet or not!

Me being a dungeon master, dosn't imply you can't have adventures outside of my "dungeons".

So tell me what you think about it. :P
Peralisc2

Postby cheongzewei » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 am

Ancient giant tortoise can't be used, simply because it's to big. The art in the picture accurately describe it's size.

I'll be joining at the city gates. I don't know where else i can fit my character in.

I'll also be a slightly different version of rapidshot magic archer (male instead of female).

Player sign up!
Bowpurity (nick: bow) Solar kingdom/Archer
Lv3
Hp: 30
At: 30
Agi: 3
Rng: 4
Lp: 1

Skills:
Soul: Ultima snipe: Does [damage: your refress lv??? x 20] to one unit. 0 sp
Action: Double shot: Do [dmg:AT] to two random enemy units within range. 1 sp

hidden action skill: Point blank: Do [dmg:at] to target enemy unit within range of 1. 0 sp.
Last edited by cheongzewei on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
cheongzewei

Postby neviscus » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:46 am

just in case you didn't read up there, turtle now pegasis, but also a question, how much of the stuff can me make up, I am working on a fanfic and the characters might be able to fit in here
neviscus

Postby Phenoca » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:35 pm

"The mission which you are about to embark upon is an important one, but unfortunately, I will have to be short with our debriefing," explained Ridrea, skipping over the fact that she knew nothing of the item which her Shrine Knights were venturing for. "I want to make it clear that I am placing my absolute trust in you all," she said, giving an admiring look towards Shock, "but that the identity of the artifact which we are on a mission to retrieve cannot - I repeat - cannot be revealed to anyone," emphasized Ridrea to the sighs of her gathered audience. "For your own safety, I am not placing this dangerous knowledge in your hand. Know that the artifact was last seen in possession of a nefarious character named LeBeau, who is a trained assassin of the Crest Forces." Keladry glanced at her peers to assess their reaction to this news. LeBeau was an infamous assassin of Crest who had penetrated the frontlines one month ago. Several sabotages on the army's food supply had been supposedly linked to him. Yet the fact that he had evaded capture for an entire month was worrisome indeed.

"LeBeau was last seen headed-towards the town of Gran, where it is believed that he has an informer. Find LeBeau, and intercept the artifact before it can head into enemy territory. If LeBeau is tracked into the Mercenary Nation, you have orders not to pass through their borders," Ridrea informed the Shrine Knights, "I will not be accompanying you on this mission." She concluded, not offering any explanation. The company was to meet with a representative from Gran at the Northern City Gates, and with the help of Daniel, track this menace and his artifact... Why had she been given orders not to accompany them on this mission?

Everyone in the room felt dismayed by the news of Crest's assassin. Yet the Shrine Knights' training did not allow them to show this, even though Ridrea knew that her debriefing had been an inadequate one. Who could chase after an assassin such as LeBeau, retrieve a descriptionless artifact, and return home to Emil safe and sound? Sending so few on this mission was potentially dangerous, but she trusted the skills of Beastmaster Daniel.

As the company armed themselves and left Ridrea's Temple, Keladry asked Daniel, "Were you involved in the theft of the artifact? What do you know about the whereabouts of LeBeau?"

Out-of-Character:
neviscus wrote:how much of the stuff can me make up,

Anything is fine, if it goes with the story : )
If you want to have a Giant Ancient Tortoise companion, then it would have to stay outside of (the city) Emil or be a younger tortoise with custom stats.
I hesitate to say "custom", as Giant Ancient Tortoise is a very powerful unit.

Peralisc2 wrote:depending on the circumstances, you may attack from a distance and not get hit by the 1-2 RNG guy, example would be attacking over a large river.
People should try to define distance a bit more clearly when they add extra "story" in my opinion. It also helps with imagining the surroundings better.

Sweet ideas. To me, RNG 2 is about a quarter of a football field. But RNG depends on your character. For example, a RNG 2 pegasus would fight differently than a RNG 2 Samurai Girl. The idea is that RNG 3 characters do not get killed if there is a fighter for protection.

Peralisc2 wrote:SoulSkills should be activated only on death! And even then with a certain condition, for example a party member takes 30 DMG if you got 1 LP soul skill, so you can activated. You pay 20 HP for a 2 LP and 10 HP for a 3 LP(hey leilen SS and death dragon SS are still good ). You should be able to decide if you want to activate it or not.

Ooh - this is definitely allowed.
Just don't get me killed with your SoulSkill :P

Peralisc2 wrote:Sphere level is not there so you can jump in by also paying SP, but it's there so you can activate the SoulSkills and make them move powerful. For example leonardos soulskill!!

You lost me there. I was not thinking of sphere levels. Just roleplaying.

Peralisc2 wrote:If there is a soul skill like soul proxy one, then let's decide about a DAMAGE event for that situation, for example something like 60 HP loss to one party member.

Ok, because I do not want people playing a character just for their SoulSkill. It is most important to have fun while making up the story.

Peralisc2 wrote:Also i think there should be several ways of getting revived IF YOU ARE DEAD. For example:
- you got SP equal or bigger than your level
- you get a free revive every X turn. X is your level

I was thinking more like, taking the wounded player to an inn, or trying to revive him/her after the battle.

Peralisc2 wrote:Also if you want i could play the "dungeon master" for you guys and lay around some random grims and monsters for you to fight.

Thanks! That would be excellent if you could play some Duchy of Crest units, or a monster.
You'll have to give us some hints on how to find your dungeons though (or we'll keep on looking for the artifact).

30/30 Keladry
20/20 Daniel
40/40 Shock
30/30 Bowpurity (nick: bow)
Copy Me[/quote]
Phenoca

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:45 pm

Aha i see.

Well for extra randomness and more fun we need some sort of dice to roll on some occasions. But how can we roll and show our first roll to everyone else.
Peralisc2

Postby neviscus » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:52 pm

Daniel looked a little worried, "yes, I was with a few of my fellow comrades from the Wizard Kingdom, A haste soldier battalion. We had the artifact with us and had to go through crest territory. We had Estakia's word that we could go through unharmed, but after three days. A group of Crest soldiers came up led by this LeBeau, and demanded we go no further. We told them we had permission to be here by Estakia, and the soldiers simply said her majesties mind has been changed and if we do not turn they will be forced to erradicate us. We tried to talk to them and LeBeau and his men attacked us. It was brutal, we didn't stand a chance. It is only because of shock here that I was able to escape. I'm sorry however that I have no idea where Lebeau is now". "oh look" he said I believe we are approaching the gates

Out-of-character
Is it alright for us to control multiple people? If so I can throw in some supporting characters from my fanfic, I suppose I could do the main characters because they black out while playing alteil on their computer and wake up in Lavato they become knoen as Karite's chosen. tell me if you think they could work
neviscus

Postby Korokage » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:53 pm

((OOC: Did you say dice roll? Not sure how to display it but hey w/e.))
Korokage

Next

Return to Steel's Campfire