Wind Sorceress/Femiel

Alteil Story Discussion

Wind Sorceress/Femiel

Postby Visfarix » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:24 pm

So Femiel has a short bio in Mirage Master and in it there is a joke that I don't get. I've been wondering about it since the very first time I played Intermediate 2star and now I've finally decided I must know what the joke is! So here is an excerpt from her bio that contains the joke.

Mirage Master wrote:"She got her hands on a new kind of medicinal plant that her Djinn happened to find, and the first thing she did was say with a straight face. "This stuff might be good for dry skin..." She didn't even notice that this further distanced her from the male spellcasters around her who saw it happen."

I had originally thought that the joke was "lost in translation", but FinalMaster suggested that the joke had been "PG-13ed" for younger audiences. But either way I'm hoping someone who has seen the Japanese Femiel bio can shed some light on this or maybe a GM *coughannacough* can get tell us(me) what originally made this funny :|
Visfarix

Re: Wind Sorceress/Femiel

Postby Otonashi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Maybe this 'medicinal plant' is the equivalent of Viagara. >.> Males being offered such a plant by Femiel would probably be insulting.
Otonashi

Postby neviscus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:36 pm

well it could be a more pg approach. She discovers a new plant, no one knows what it is, what it does, or anything about it. All she does it look at it and think it could be good for skin.
neviscus

Postby Logress » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:47 pm

That was pretty literal. I think the idea is that you have this super-powerful archmage with all these male subordinates, and when she finds a new magic herb, the first words out of her mouth are what they consider "petty girl stuff," as opposed to say, wondering if the herb can be used to make a new magic potion or be used as a spell component or something.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Visfarix » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Logress wrote:That was pretty literal. I think the idea is that you have this super-powerful archmage with all these male subordinates, and when she finds a new magic herb, the first words out of her mouth are what they consider "petty girl stuff," as opposed to say, wondering if the herb can be used to make a new magic potion or be used as a spell component or something.

...oh. That's kind of disappointing. I was hoping the punchline might be funnier.
Visfarix

Postby cheongzewei » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:45 pm

roleplays as a male mage*

Du du du du du, yep, don't be scared of the wind mage, don't be scared.
oh hey, femile's djinn is pointing at something.
a plant?

"This stuff might be good for dry skin..."

Instictively i took a step back. I wonder how dry her skin is........ never occurred to me the troubles of a wind mage.
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

Postby Phenoca » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:56 am

cheongzewei wrote:never occurred to me the troubles of a wind mage.

Ahh..!

I get the joke now.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:24 pm

I don't understand the troubles of a windmage. I'm totally lost.
Callonia

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Wind dries your skin...
LoneKnight

Return to Steel's Campfire