Dragons

Alteil Story Discussion

Dragons

Postby Otonashi » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 am

So I got to thinking recently. There's Fire Dragons, and the Flame Empoeror Allind. Holy Dragons, and Holy Emperor Retear. Water Dragons and the Water Emperor Legyre, Mercurial Dragons and the Dark Emperor Zu-jyuva, Star Dragons and the Star Lord Bastandoora... So who is Volfied? Is he a Wind Dragon? Most importantly, is he the most powerful one? Or maybe even... Is he the only one left? (Surely not!)

For those who don't have him, here is his flavor text:
Chase Wing / Volfied
'Rivera, my mission is to guide you. Even if it costs me my life.'
A mysterious dragon that aids Rivera's revenge from the shadows. He swore to lead Rivera to the Battle of the Holy Realm no matter the cost. If he knows Rivera's true destiny, he will not speak of it.

Dead Wing / Volfied
'Your life will always be filled with hardship, but that is not always a bad thing. Stay strong...'
A mysterious dragon who protects Rivera and bringers her to the Holy Realm. Just as he completes his mission, his strength finally fails. As his life fades, he thinks of her and her future.

We can see he has the unit type Dragon Kin, but he doesn't resemble any of the other noted dragon types. (More info on the Dragons can be found on the story page: http://www.alteil.com/index.php/compone ... 11-dragons . Curiously enough, Star Dragons are not listed here). Volfied also seems to resemble a bird, particularly his wings that resemble a feathered bird's wings. (Also note that most other dragons don't have wings; Fire and Star dragons seem to be the only types with wings, and Emperor Retear seems to be the only holy dragon that can fly)

And while I'm on this line of thinking, we have a dragon who does not have a leader to represent them; Gowen's Earth Dragon. There's only one card we have released so far that could be a potential candidate for this position: The Dark Eye, Wabell.
'I have seen all I need.'
Wabell is one of the legendary Dragon Kin, the most powerful type of creatures on Lavato. He has lived in the dark, twisted corners of Lavato for so long that he can no longer see. However, he has been gifted with keen magical senses.

He seems to fit the the description so far; His picture makes him look like he's made of stone himself, and he seems to live in a cave, at least. A "dark, twisted corner" could imply a deep and hidden cave within the planet. I don't see any other dragons that could match the description, but all this is is an assumption.

I did also have a small thumb through the JP card list too. There's a few more dragons, some of which I am pretty curious about.
https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=1325 Catastrophe Dragon? It looks like he's made of metal... Perhaps, an attempt at an artificial dragon? We get him next EX, I think.
https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=1372 Three-Headed... Does not seem to have a type, but from the artwork, perhaps a breed of fire or earth, or maybe even a hybrid.
https://login.alteil.jp/cardDB/detail.php?id=1646 Rainbow Dragon? It looks like it could have been maybe a Wind dragon at first (What would that make Volfied then?), but if that's not the case then I wonder what kind it is... Hybrid of Water and Wind?

https://login.alteil.jp/al2CardDB/detail.php?id=2031
https://login.alteil.jp/al2CardDB/detail.php?id=2045
And these two... I have no idea about these two. Perhaps, good and evil dragon-like gods/spirits?

It's a shame I can't see the flavor text on the JP ones, and even if I could, by no means am I a good translator. What are others thoughts?
Otonashi

Re: Dragons

Postby Logress » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 am

For those who haven't checked it out yet, more on dragons can be found here:

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/compone ... 11-dragons
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Artist » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 am

I thought Wabell was a fire dragon.

They look similar.

Also, wind dragons are probably extinct described in the dragon story post.
Artist

Postby edgarfigaro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:45 pm

You forgot Zangdalyan, the Death Dragon.

Kind of reminds me of this time when me and my party members had to kill EIGHT dragons (dirt, red, storm, ice, white, gold, water, and skull) to get this special esper. That was difficult times!
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby imortal12233 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:50 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:Kind of reminds me of this time when me and my party members had to kill EIGHT dragons (dirt, red, storm, ice, white, gold, water, and skull) to get this special esper. That was difficult times!

I remember that dungeon :D
tried a couple of times but couldn't find where to go and didn't bother using a guide, gave up after a while and haven't tried that in a while.
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby Otonashi » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:27 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:You forgot Zangdalyan, the Death Dragon.

Huh. Yes I did forget about him, but he doesn't appear to have the Dragon Kin type so he didn't show up when I filtered the card list. He's clearly an undead dragon of some sort, but I'm not sure which of the six (or seven?) catagories he would fall into.
'Kill a dragon emperor, and you will be one of us.'
The Dragon Zangadylan was known as the scourge of Lavato in the far past. Recently, an unknown being has brought the terrifying creature back to life. Both its body and its powers have begun to rot, but the mere sight of it will drain the strength of any living thing.

Perhaps just an ancient Mercurial dragon? His flavor text doesn't seem to hint at a catagory, but if he was an evil dragon in the past ('the scourge of Lavato') then I think Mercurial is most likely.

Also I have no idea what game you guys are talking about, but if I had to guess maybe some sort of Final Fantasy? >.>

@Artist - Seeing the two side by side, Wabell's body does resemble the Fire dragon more than the Earth dragon. And likely, if Wabell was associated with earth dragons then his title would probably reflect that... (Such as Star Lord Bastandoora). So I dunno.
Otonashi

Postby Phenoca » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 am

Refess Dragons ftw.

And it's Legrye. I used to spell it Legyre also.
Just like I spelt Kafhar as Khafghar.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Trafalgura » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 am

volfied and vonderam have some sort of connection. is vonderam a dragon?
Trafalgura

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 am

So we get to see no wind dragons? -.-

How about gazous dragons? :roll:
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Spears » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 pm

what's up with the borders on those last two?
Spears

Next

Return to Steel's Campfire