The Enigmatic

Alteil Story Discussion

The Enigmatic

Postby Akjeil » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:30 am

Let us gather round the fire of master Steel, and parlay of matters both practical and mystical... and for those not acquainted with our host, feel free to view his credentials in "Game Info > Card List > Card Name: Wise Swordsman/Steel" (Rarity: either "All" or 4 stars; more easily found if only Gowen's box is checked)

Kingdom of Beltorat:

Ruled by the enigmatic Dragon Eye Ainhzard, Beltorat is a kingdom without prejudice against magic, mercenaries

or even monsters....one of the few that falls under the influence of all four of the Gods of Old.

Because of this balance of philosophies and abilities, it is formidable indeed.
-Game Info, Glossary

I find this scenario highly intriguing for a number of reasons, among which are: the sheer potential power and adaptability of Ainhzard and his subjects; the air of mystery that may surround his allegiances and ambitions; and the origin/source of his disposition (i.e. why he chose to embrace all 4 Spheres of Influence and how he gained access to them all in such an unrestricted way).
It also begs the question as to what role he & his domain will fill in the game, and whether or not there will be opportunity for Iczers to employ a card file representing Beltorat, or will it merely be a NPC category appearing during special gaming events. From his description, Dragon Eye Ainhzard's role seems to be more immediate than that of the Divine Child Karite (Story>Chronicles of Alteil: History of Lavato #1), who also embodies all four Spheres, but consigned more to future events and away from the everyday affairs of Lavato's inhabitants.

Let us also consider at this time the Mazoku. Though not now clearly defined as belonging to any particular nation (indeed, they may be above such concerns) or Sphere of Influence, it would be foolish to disregard their potential influence for good or ill of the Iczers:
Mazoku- A loose confederation of dangerous superbeings that have trouble comprehending the fragility of mortals. However, that doesn't prevent them from trying. When they interfere in human affairs, it usually has catastrophic results.
-Game Info, Glossary
Not much may be said of them at this time, save that we must be wary and vigilant of them, as much as of our more immediate allies and foes around us. [I do find a strange similarity between them and The Ethereals in a realm called The Matrix Online (TM): alien-like entities who are isolated from, and yet curious of the humans and other beings in that realm, whom they perpetually seek to experimentally study at the peril of their unsuspecting subjects; but that may be mere speculation.]

Look alive, Iczers...I feel a change in the winds, and an enemy may soon be upon us.

-Akjeil, Patrol Knight of the Invisible Trenches]

-Akjeil, Blood-Emissary of the Kingdom of Beltorat
Akjeil

Re: The Enigmatic

Postby Akjeil » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:35 am

akjeil wrote:-Akjeil, Patrol Knight of the Invisible Trenches]

-Akjeil, Blood-Emissary of the Kingdom of Beltorat

:?: :!:

I fear an enemy has already infiltrated us, and may be impersonating me...
Akjeil

Return to Steel's Campfire