So why is Noze on Falkow sphere ?

Alteil Story Discussion

So why is Noze on Falkow sphere ?

Postby FatalFart » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:38 am

I mean she's a magic doll,right ? And all other magic dolls are on Lawtia.

Any story behind it ?
FatalFart

Re: So why is Noze on Falkow sphere ?

Postby Logress » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 am

Noze was created to synchronize with the power of the Magic Archive, a magic item created by harvesting the power of all wizards on the planet during ancient times. The Magic Archive gained intelligence, and used its powers to draw powerful individuals to it. In exchange for granting them magic power, they protected the Archive and eventually built a library around it, and a castle around that, and a city around that, and a kingdom around that. This is the Wizard Kingdom of Regus, the seat of Falkow power on Lavato. It makes sense for Noze to be a Falkow aspect card to synchronize with it, although later on when we get cross-sphere cards I believe there is a Falkow / Lawtia version of her.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Spears » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 pm

:O are we actually getting those, i thought you guys had dropped them.
Spears

Postby Lateralus923 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Did Durendal have something to do with Noze getting access to the archive? Do we have any details? [I don't have durandal so I don't know his flavor text]

How exactly is Noze tied to Galdirea? I seem to remember this being the case, but maybe I'm confused..

Also - what Spears said! ;th2
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Galdirea created Noze. Durendal probably opened the gates or somesuch. Possibly murdering the guards in the process and things like that.
LoneKnight

Postby Arakis » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:28 pm

I do believe as LoneKnight said, Galdirea created Noze in the first place. And yes, Durendal is involved in all this. Originally one of the six paladins charged with protecting Regus and the Archive, he betrayed his kingdom and killed Inzaghi, who was also one of the six paladins and the final guardian of the Archive. With Inzaghi out of the way, Noze was free to waltz right in and merge with it.

Chances are we're getting the dual sphere cards, unless something unexpected happens. I for one very much look forward to them.
Arakis

Postby Lateralus923 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks LK & Arakis!

Looks like I'll spend my pt cards on proxies!

One more question. Presumably, the sets come out chronologically... so shouldn't Inzaghi be subtype "undead" or "dead"? ;) why isn't "dead wing" also classified as "dead"?
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby FatalFart » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Galderia created her ? So Sumer is not the only person in alteil who can make magic dolls ?(or are they the same person ?)
FatalFart

Postby Arakis » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 pm

I'd say it's meant to be that as a set is released, the events therein are taking place. So Inzaghi is going to spend X amount of time until set 9 comes out slowly bleeding to death. There's a cheery thought. Maybe if we get another Inzaghi card in the future (EX or whatever), he'll be undead. But...probably not. If memory serves, Volfied was likewise in the process of dying when his EX set was released.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Galdirea stole some of Sumer's research data to make Noze. This could possibly have been achieved via one of Annarose's agents in Crest.
Arakis

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Actually, the reverse makes more sense to me.

Annarose planted the blueprints for a young witch (which turned out to be Sumer) to find. Sumer made dolls, that Belfyna (and other nobles following her cue; that she herself got from Annarose) then bought and made armies for themselves, destabilizing the power structure of the area, and greatly contributing to the whole war of the sun and moon erupting.

This seems a possible theory to me since MD creation process seems like it involves at least some soul manipulation, and that's right up the Abyssals alley... however, they have literally no resources at hand and have to make others do their dirty work for them. The nobles basically funded a war against themselves through Sumer's work (who, and I'm really just making this up, is most likely slowly becoming a soulless husk herself due to the doll creation process).

Annarose/Galdirea can't create armies on that scale, but they can create either single superpowerful monsters(the augmented), or just scheme and strike where it hurts most (the whole incident with Noze and the WK).
LoneKnight

Next

Return to Steel's Campfire