Alteil Story in the wiki

Alteil Story Discussion

Alteil Story in the wiki

Postby vault » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:16 am

Ok, on the main page of the wiki http://www.alteil.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page there is the "Alteil Story,"
but the story names and amounts differ from http://www.alteil.com/index.php/story/a ... -of-lavato .

Can someone help me figure out what IS and isn't on the wiki and why the names might be different so I can fix all of that?
vault

Re: Alteil Story in the wiki

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:00 pm

It's been so long since we've had a serious activist for the wiki...and honestly I don't even know if the staff even THINK about it. That's one of the big reasons I don't bother with it anymore-I think DWildstar started it up some time ago and then just kinda left it to fend for itself. It's so outdated, I'm not even sure if anyone goes to visit the Alteil wiki; not trying to discourage you, more power to you man, but I'm just saying that's how I view the wiki.
Romdeau

Postby Logress » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:29 pm

I can answer any specific questions about names. Although my guess is the web page is more up to date than the wiki.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby vault » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:47 pm

To Romdeau,
The main website has a difficult time keeping all the current events visible and orderly, not to mention much of the useful information in the forums gets buried (Still looking for the old RP chart..) or simply ends up separated from like-minded information.

Whether people use the wiki or not, I felt it might be nice to at least update it. With people like GonFreeces making beginner guides, others like LoneKnight creating useful alteil tools, and even alteil players making their own news letters and card reviews/comparisons; I felt there needed to be an organized place for it all.

Wikis for other games can be more popular than their main websites, and far easier to use. If it takes only about an hour to fix up 15 pages and make 4 new ones, no loss there. Mostly updating while watching/playing alteil duels (I wish 'match' was the terminology, not 'duel'.. damned outdated rule book) anyway.

If it becomes useful for once, then we'll have a nice organized place to archive information (rather than stack a bunch of stickies on all the forum pages.) If not, at least the neglected archive won't be as outdated.

DWildstar knew his stuff, and it would be nice to at least bring to life what he started. Too often the same questions are brought up again and again. Would be nice to just point at the wiki and watch all the confusion disappear (if I can set it up right. haha.)
At least it can be more than an archive for medical spam.

I over-explained myself. My apologies. Still looking for anyone that could explain the alteil story and why the wiki might be different.

To Logress,
On the wiki the titles for the stories are:

Legends of the Four Gods

The Dragons

The Angels - Four Sisters Who Serve the Four Gods

Solar Prince Verlaat

Ruler of Crest Eskatia

The Solar Kingdom of Folrart

The Four of Lavato and Divine Child Karite

So, could you tell me where it left off? I can re-name all of them, but I'd rather leave it if there's information there that's not in http://alteil.com/index.php/story/archives-of-lavato .
The titles baffle me, were all the story chapters given brand new titles or does the wiki include information released with the card packs? If you have any idea at all, I can do all the research myself. I just want to know how it ended up like it did.

EDIT: If you're not sure, I'll just Orphan what's there and rewrite everything based on that info. Is ALL the story information in "archives of lavato" or are bits and pieces included elsewhere? If you have any idea, that'd be great. Gotta have clues to start an investigation.
vault

Return to Steel's Campfire