New gift avatars

Alteil Art and Artists

New gift avatars

Postby Logress » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:53 am

This is a general thread for talking about the new avatars and gift avatars and avatar extras Gaogaigirl is working on. For more info, check her blog.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: New gift avatars

Postby Awod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:30 am

The Refess priests look awesome, can't wait to see what Falkow looks like. Also, Quick question. How do these work exactly, like will we always have these available to us? I haven't actually seen how the avatar system works, like say we select a different one [after this is over] will the gift ones be available?
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Logress » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:52 am

Yeah, in the game one Tab is "My Iczer" where you can tweak account settings and things. There's an avatar manager their where you can switch out avatars and mix and match accessories and pets and all that.
Logress

Postby reydien » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:37 am

will we have to choose one specific faction/gender at the beginning, or will we simply have access to all 8?

Of the four that are already posted, I think I like the female Gowen avatar the most. I can't wait to see the Lawtia ones, though.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Logress » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:33 pm

You do have to choose one, but it doesn't have to match your starting deck. This will also have the side effect of making each individual Avatar more rare.
Logress

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Logress wrote:You do have to choose one, but it doesn't have to match your starting deck. This will also have the side effect of making each individual Avatar more rare.

So the Avatars...
We can switch between that special avatar and a regular one or the Special one we will be able to cloth just like a normal avatar? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something somewhere?

[card=96]Random Card of Misunderstanding!?[/card]
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Alitus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:33 pm

How are the alpha testers going to get these? I know that they said it would be in the store, so does that mean Alpha people will get to log in at least 1 day before you try Beta again? And will we keep it on that alpha account or will it move to our main ones?
Alitus

Postby lupos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:04 pm

We will put them in your accounts. These are for the beta I believe so, my plan is to have a special request form somewhere so you can email or pm me and let us know which you want and we will give them to you. We may be able to set it up in the store to just pick one of them, but I'm not sure yet. As for the alpha present, we have a list of emails for participants, so those who where alpha will just get what they get, as well as getting to choose a beta av.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Akjeil » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:12 pm

Awod wrote:The Refess priests look awesome, can't wait to see what Falkow looks like.

reydien wrote:...Of the four that are already posted, I think I like the female Gowen avatar the most. I can't wait to see the Lawtia ones, though.

The Refess avatars do look great; I may however do a DanTheTimid and pick the Gowen girl despite my true gender; ;)
I kinda like that infrared visor on her eye (or is it a burn mark?).

~Akjeil in Drag :shock: ;a40
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Postby Kyoshi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:48 pm

I'm going to wait to see the rest before choosing. And if I had to pick now it would probably be the Gowen female. But flipping a coin would also be helpful.

And, eh, I usually pick the female avatar or character. Despite my gender. Because I pick what I like to look at constantly. Basically would you like to play with the grotesque looking creature or the cool looking mecha-giganosaur?

[card=23]Random Card of Gender Choice!?[/card]
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Next

Return to LeBeau's Studio