Contest

Alteil Art and Artists

Contest

Postby Kruvy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 am

I would love feedback from gm's about the feasibility of this.

I have posted an Idea like this before in the general discussion but I feel this forum is more appropriate, I think it would be amazing if we had a fan made alternate artwork contest. One winner per sphere or maybe two. The gm's could place these cards in the yearly seasonal artwork lotto which would not only diversify the card pool but might encourage more players to try and buy cards from it. Reward for winning the contest (besides the honor/ cool points) could be 3 copies of the card or maybe having your username placed on the card somewhere. Or if the rarity is very high (****or*****) give them a single copy of the card they altered with some point cards. For greater control they could limit the rarity of the cards so people don't just choose chase cards. Now lets say you are not the greatest artist ever but would like to get in on the action, perhaps make april fools entries available as well.

In addition to giving the player base a sense of empowerment I think it would be great for giving the game a more grassroots kind of feel, and it might give the american players a sense of pride for being involved in something that only we have.

Please respond if you think the idea is interesting or would be game for competing in such a contest.
Moon child pops oh look at my s-p
Thanks to bernet this combo's cra-zy
Lovin dragon emp's mainly the zombie
Dodge assain so they curse furiously.
Kruvy

Re: Contest

Postby feike » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:36 am

I think it's a pretty good idea. I'll join if it's approved ;th2
feike

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:22 am

i think they ignored it o.o
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Kruvy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Well, if we can generate enough hype for this then maybe at the least they will tell us if it has a chance of happening.
Kruvy

Postby Otonashi » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Well they do have AtS and CotF, as well as the Card Flip Theatre contests to let people get involved... The rewards you're expecting for your idea seem a little steep in comparison as well. Maybe if it was a few point cards instead, as well as possibly the option to have a card you already owned have the artwork swapped in. (It would really only need to be one copy of the card, because IIRC the one that is put on the field is always the same copy until you decide not to revive it and let it go to the cemetery. When you revive it, it just sends other copies in your file to the cemetery.)

I wouldn't mind people making fanart cards just for the sake of it though. If I was any good at drawing I'd probably make tons of them.
Otonashi

Postby Kruvy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Well I was thinking of this as more of a once a year thing then a monthly deal. Maybe even give people a month for submissions too.
Kruvy

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:37 am

Well if you want an art contest at least once / year then you should be already satisfied ... since they had an art contest on halloween and one during the WAF event, that's 2 already in an year and in both cases they gave sh17load of time to submit your work.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Kruvy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:52 am

Well I joined in late march so I had no idea such a contest existed. Thank you though, you remember the rules for the halloween one?
Kruvy

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 am

In the halloween one you submit a drawing / self made doll / yourself in a costume or anything like that. Ofcourse it has to be related to alteil.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby gaogaigirl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:59 pm

You want it, you got it!

Staring TODAY we'll take art submissions for a monthly on going fan art contest. Each month I'll give you a a topic or card grouping I want to see. the Winners will get a permanent galley on the site and 150Gran and 10 point cards if their entry is selected.

each topic will run for a month and entries will be accepted until the end of the month (then the next topic will begin). The following week I will announce the winners and email them. :) An email and main page post will repeat this. I will also have free topic months, but I figured assigned topics would help people in getting off the ground. IF you do have a drawing you really want to do, submit it!

How you like them apples :D

FIRST TOPIC: Give me two distinct units from different spheres (not characters) doing anything you want (nothing over a PG-13 rating please!)

Gaogaigirl ;a41
gaogaigirl

Return to LeBeau's Studio