Fan Art Contest

Alteil Art and Artists

Fan Art Contest

Postby Logress » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm

You want it, you got it!

Staring TODAY we'll take art submissions for a monthly on going fan art contest. Each month I'll give you a a topic or card grouping I want to see. the Winners will get a permanent galley on the site and 150Gran and 10 point cards if their entry is selected.

each topic will run for a month and entries will be accepted until the end of the month (then the next topic will begin). The following week I will announce the winners and email them. :) An email and main page post will repeat this. I will also have free topic months, but I figured assigned topics would help people in getting off the ground. IF you do have a drawing you really want to do, submit it!

How you like them apples :D

FIRST TOPIC: Give me two distinct units from different spheres (not characters) doing anything you want (nothing over a PG-13 rating please!)

Gaogaigirl ;a41
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Fan Art Contest

Postby feike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:55 pm

kinda new to this game >_<
got a question
• what are cross sphere units?
give me two distinct units from different spheres (not characters)

> Does it mean. we can't draw a character type of card?

thanks ;th2
feike

Postby gaogaigirl » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:01 pm

This first round I'm looking for unit cards because there are so many more of them. If you feel strongly enough Do a character, but you might be wasting a future opportunity!

GGG ;a41
gaogaigirl

Postby DWildstar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:29 pm

I checked with GaoGaiGirl and the topic is just any two cards from two spheres. I changed the wording to remove "cross sphere" because it was a little confusing.
DWildstar

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:35 pm

So what would be a PG-13 and what would be slightly above?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby feike » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:38 pm

DWildstar wrote:I checked with GaoGaiGirl and the topic is just any two cards from two spheres. I changed the wording to remove "cross sphere" because it was a little confusing.

finally got it thanks ;th2
feike

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Oh and do you consider fenrir and leonardo for example characters?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Soiyeruda5 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:18 am

Peralisc2 wrote:So what would be a PG-13 and what would be slightly above?

PG-13: Minimal swearing, subtle suggestivity for some vulgar things, strip tease/hidden private parts (If billions of Magical Girl animes can get away with their transformation sequences by making their character's body hidden by another color (Sailor Moon), or by simply leaving the body , removing private parts (Or at least hiding them >.>), and Japanese girls are allowed to watch it, I'd assume it's fine, though Japan works a bit different when it comes to media, I suppose), Some blood, etc.

Above PG-13: Nudity, Heavy swearing, Incredibly bloody/gorey scenes, etc.

That's at least a broad view of it for me.

Oh and do you consider fenrir and leonardo for example characters?

Just my opinion but I think the Lycanthrope names are meant to associate with their appearance, rather than being actual names.
as an example, Lycanthrope Scylla shares traits with the Greek Scylla, who was known for having six heads, and on some painting, having 4-6 dog heads around her waist. They share the dog head on the waist thing, and the action skill could reference to the fact that Greek Scylla had six heads, each of which would eat one crew from a ship (Although Lycan Scylla can only eat half of that :P).

Also, they're listed as units, so it's safe to assume they're units.

In any case, I think I have an idea for this contest already figured out.
Soiyeruda5

Postby Logress » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Right, Fenrir and Lillith and what-not are names people made up for strains of Lycanthropy. So, if you're infected with Fenrir Lycanthropy you turn into a wolf-man (possibly also with a cowboy hat and a katana... or those could be optional).
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby alvisto » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Do you mean you choose 2 cards from each sphere, and draw an alternate art to them ?

What if my drawing skills suck ( which in reality, is ) , will there be a honorary mention on the "suckiest" or "most-april-fool-ish" art ? lol. :D
alvisto

Next

Return to LeBeau's Studio