Hi Def card art

Alteil Art and Artists

Re: Hi Def card art

Postby divinerose » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:15 am

why do you guys call her dark lapierre anyway?
isnt she supposed to be Crest Lady Paladin?
divinerose

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 am

No, the card isn't Lapierre. Lapierre always has her trademark 'wisp' of hair in all of her art. Also, Lantlyit's 'radiating sun' design is on the hilt, not the pommel like this card. Although, whenever an artist works on a new card, they often look at previous ones for ideas and for themes to try and make it 'fit in' with the world. For example, did you notice that Lavato seems to have a specific style for body tatoos? You can see it on lots of cards in multiple spheres, although the most common example would probably be dual Axe wielder, it even shows up on Refess cards like Folrart Monk.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Artist » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am

Logress wrote:No, the card isn't Lapierre. Lapierre always has her trademark 'wisp' of hair in all of her art. Also, Lantlyit's 'radiating sun' design is on the hilt, not the pommel like this card. Although, whenever an artist works on a new card, they often look at previous ones for ideas and for themes to try and make it 'fit in' with the world. For example, did you notice that Lavato seems to have a specific style for body tatoos? You can see it on lots of cards in multiple spheres, although the most common example would probably be dual Axe wielder, it even shows up on Refess cards like Folrart Monk.

Also, the huge circle in background is pretty common too lol

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm sure there's more.
Artist

Postby DWildstar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:37 am

Hehe that's funny. How could you forget Moonlight warrior though??

Oh and my nickname for Folrart Monk when playing Mirage Master is "moon" :P
DWildstar

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 pm

You forgot magic doll fencer!

I am not sure but i think i seen somewhere a mention about the circle in the center of the image making things easier to draw / place things in your image and it also is easier to fit in with the image without being greatly noticed... Something like that.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Previous

Return to LeBeau's Studio