Modern Art?

Alteil Art and Artists

Modern Art?

Postby Lateralus923 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Anyone else absolutely terrified of going to an art gallery run by LeBeau?

How far can we push the envelope in terms of describing a multilated corpse as modern art? Blood splatterpaint?

Hi, welcome to LeBeau's studio, would you like a complimentary beverage? *schtuck!* Here's a pint of your own blood - enjoy!
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Re: Modern Art?

Postby Artist » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:15 am

This has such great potential for fan art lol. I would totally do it too if it wasn't for the fact I'm so not into doing fan arts.

EDIT: I just realized, one of our ad banners is a rip off of my sig. I WANT A MONEY PAYMENT AS COMPENSATION.
Artist

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:32 am

Aren't you supposed to be an artist? :?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby methebest » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 am

so am i
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Artist » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 am

Peralisc2 wrote:Aren't you supposed to be an artist? :?

I don't like doing fan art. Not even sure why, it just feels morally wrong for some reason, I think it's just because of the lack of creativity in it. I'm much more into doing original works.
Artist

Postby Lateralus923 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 am

Artist wrote:This has such great potential for fan art lol. I would totally do it too if it wasn't for the fact I'm so not into doing fan arts.

EDIT: I just realized, one of our ad banners is a rip off of my sig. I WANT A MONEY PAYMENT AS COMPENSATION.

If I even had enough time to play the game, I would consider doing some work. Next time I get stuck in an airport or hotel room without alteil, I might try it :P

Are you talkin about the Premium banner? I say you sue for 10000 gran! Also, I want 10000 gran. Kthx GMs XD
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Callonia » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Artist wrote:

I don't like doing fan art. Not even sure why, it just feels morally wrong for some reason, I think it's just because of the lack of creativity in it. I'm much more into doing original works.

Why does it feel morally wrong to you?

I personally for one, tend to learn more about stuff due to fanart because they're far more distributed around than original works ever get distributed.

Plus it seems like fanart is typically done for fun XD But good luck trying to collect all fanart of particular series you'll never reach the end if it's quite popular.

I still remember last year when I first learned of megurine luka, I collected all the fanart of it for one point at time my laptop had almost all the pictures stored in one place then like one hour later even more fanart popped up, i went argh, **** it!

I support fanart, they're made cuz people have fun. And wants to show their love of particular series or whatever.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Callonia wrote:Plus it seems like fanart is typically done for fun XD

Yes. Fanart is fun. That reason alone is good enough to do it.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Artist » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Callonia wrote:
Artist wrote:

Why does it feel morally wrong to you?

Oh sorry, I meant it felt morally wrong for me, not to me. I enjoy looking at fan art, and I love it when people draw fan art of things I create. But personally, I enjoy creativity a lot more than copying something, which is why just for me, I don't like doing fan art because of that. Of course fan art can be creative, but it just still feels weird for me.
Artist

Return to LeBeau's Studio