New Artist Suggestion for Alteil

Alteil Art and Artists

New Artist Suggestion for Alteil

Postby Cannoli » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:31 pm

The art in this game is absolutely fantastic and I love how you sometimes grab artists from else where to do EX packs and such. Guild Wars 2 claims to have some of the best artists out there ( http://www.arena.net/blog/arenanet-arti ... ibit-at-e3 ), and if you look through a lot of their concept art i'm sure you would agree that their work is quite impressive. So my question is: Would it be possible to ask an artist or two of Guild Wars 2 to make a couple cards? I think they would make a solid addition to the great collection of art you have here. :)
Cannoli

Re: New Artist Suggestion for Alteil

Postby Artist » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Oh that reminds me, you guys totally should hire me too to draw some special edition EX cards or something. I would totally not mind drawing some intense card art for Alteil lol.

/threadhighjack

The thing with hiring actual artists to draw alteil cards is that it's actually not going to be up to the GMs on our side at all. Alteil is a Japan based game and everything's being controlled by the Japan side. The card arts we have now are also all from Japan's already made cards long times ago. The processing itself is probably just not worth it to the GMs.
Artist

Postby Cannoli » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 pm

ooh well... thanks for the information though, i appreciate it. ;th2
Cannoli

Postby Artist » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Cannoli wrote:ooh well... thanks for the information though, i appreciate it. ;th2

Woah, don't take what I say completely as the only truth. Who knows, maybe Logress will get turned on by some really interesting art there and really works his butt off to get those artists here, who knows.
Artist

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm

They probably would do it for seasonal cards.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Cannoli » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm

I thought the seasonal cards were made only by the GMs and not outside artists..?
Cannoli

Postby Logress » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Pretty interesting. At least one guy is Japanese, too. Generally, the Japanese are way ahead in art, meaning the next 6+ sets are already done, including seasonal art. Sometimes we commission extra seasonal art, but we do try to get the original artist of the character to do it whenever possible.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to LeBeau's Studio