Is the artwork in the card list same as in game?

Alteil Art and Artists

Re: Is the artwork in the card list same as in game?

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:56 pm

lupos wrote:All this talk of bbcode gave me an idea so i wanted to try something:

Code: Select all
[card=11]Light Spear Woman[/card]

[card=11]Light Spear Woman[/card]

so, if you want to refference a particular card you just click the "card=" button above the posting window and after the "=" you put its id number, which can be found on the card list. Throw some text in the middle and bam! Popup window.
;a30

That is awesome. Thanks lupos for all the helpful coding stuff!(stuff is used for lack of better terms...)

[card=69]Random Card![/card]
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Awod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:20 pm

Kyoshi wrote:
That is awesome. Thanks lupos for all the helpful coding stuff!(stuff is used for lack of better terms...)

[card=69]Random Card![/card]

Interesting card you chose.

Massive Detonation

Do [damage: 40] to a random enemy unit. Give AT+10 to all friendly units.

Explosion

Subtract this unit's MAX HP directly from the HP of all enemy units.

Explode

Set this unit to HP=0.

How is that good? oO

Oh, and this could turn into a thread in the off-topic section.. My turn~

[card=88]Random Card, continuation![/card]
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby reydien » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Basically the unit is a land-mine. Drop it in your front row, and now whenever the opponent attacks, there's a chance of it hitting the spores instead of something you don't want getting hit, plus all of the opponent's units take a minor hit. If it is later in the game and your opponent has 5+ units out, that minor hit could add up to a decent sum. If they stop attacking and you want the mine to go off on your own, it has the action ability to self-detonate. Also, if you have cards that can increase the spores' MAX HP (currently only [card=20]Will o' the Wisp[/card] does this), the detonation can start being really threatening. As a bonus, the card is only lvl 1, so you can get a net gain of SP on a turn you play the spores.

Overall, I think it'll end up being a gimmicky unit, but I can certainly see it finding a place in some decks in the future, especially if there are more cards that have good synergy with it in future expansions.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Awod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:51 pm

I see, thanks.
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Logress » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 pm

Also, remember that damage is "subtracted directly from HP" which means that it bypasses armor. Will 'o the Wisp plus this guy = 20 damage to all enemies, bypassing armor for 2 total SP (the cost of bringing out both cards). Sign me up.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:25 pm

Logress wrote:Also, remember that damage is "subtracted directly from HP" which means that it bypasses armor. Will 'o the Wisp plus this guy = 20 damage to all enemies, bypassing armor for 2 total SP (the cost of bringing out both cards). Sign me up.

So the random card I posted made up a new strategy? Well that was fun! And probably a good one if well played out. :o
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Awod » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:37 pm

The random cards you post are quite fun to read. :P
Eva FTW~
雲泥の差
Awod

Postby Akjeil » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 pm

lupos wrote:...if you want to refference a particular card you just click the "card=" button above the posting window and after the "=" you put its id number, which can be found on the card list.
;a30

Just discovered something: the card numbers are one-off by conventional count; but if you start with "0" you get the first card, "Solar Prince Verlaat". (I had to count with the mouse, though- the numbers aren't listed-or are they somewhere else?)

-Akjeil the Count ("Ah, ah, ahh!")
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Postby lupos » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 pm

akjeil wrote: Just discovered something: the card numbers are one-off by conventional count; but if you start with "0" you get the first card, "Solar Prince Verlaat". (I had to count with the mouse, though- the numbers aren't listed-or are they somewhere else?)

Interesting point. I thought they were numbered on the card list. The list we have up now is actually a direct copy of the Japanese one. I'll be rebuilding it in the next few days to get it to fit nicely on the site instead of a pop up window. I should be able to throw on the numbers as well. In the meantime if you mouse over a card on the list you should see some text in the bottom left corner of the browser that says something like "javascript.openWindow(12)", whatever the number is, is the number needed to make it work.
lupos
Site Admin

Previous

Return to LeBeau's Studio