Is the artwork in the card list same as in game?

Alteil Art and Artists

Re: Is the artwork in the card list same as in game?

Postby Akjeil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:04 am

Cyd wrote:...if you want to see the cards without blur using firefox you can always right-click -> view image.

Hey, Cyd. Speaking of images, how do you get those cool pics imbedded in your posts? Can you upload the image files somehow?

-Amateur Artist Akjeil :o :?:
"A rabbit made from candy > candy made from a rabbit."
-Important Things With Demetri Martin, "Games: Greater than/ Equal to"
Akjeil

Postby Cyd » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 am

akjeil wrote:Hey, Cyd. Speaking of images, how do you get those cool pics imbedded in your posts? Can you upload the image files somehow?

Well, you can't upload images directly to the forum if that's what you meant, but you can link to images on other sites.

The most common way to post your own pictures on a forum is this:
1. upload your picture to a free image hosting site (I think I used http://tinypic.com/, but there are a lot of others)
2. you then get an url of your image, for example: http://i29.tinypic.com/2wfrfap.jpg
3. in your post include the code [img]image_url_here[/img] , and your picture can be viewed (the Img-button above the text-area can help you with this)

I'm not really good at explaining things but I hope that was clear enough =)
Cyd

Re: artwork made with thread(s)

Postby Akjeil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:47 am

Cyd wrote:
akjeil wrote:Hey, Cyd. Speaking of images, how do you get those cool pics imbedded in your posts? Can you upload the image files somehow?
...The most common way to post your own pictures on a forum is this:[some instructions]
I'm not really good at explaining things but I hope that was clear enough =)

Thanks, Cyd...with this information I shall be unstoppable!!! (That is, if looks could kill)

-Akjeil the Photogen(er)ic 8-)
Akjeil

Postby DWildstar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am

akjeil wrote:Thanks, Cyd...with this information I shall be unstoppable!!! (That is, if looks could kill)

If you are going to embed pictures in your post, we ask that you please keep them small. Or better yet just post a link to them. We want to try to avoid the forum looking too cluttered up. As lupos said before, we're probably also going to put a limit on the size of images people embed in their signatures.
DWildstar

Postby lupos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 am

DWildstar wrote:If you are going to embed pictures in your post, we ask that you please keep them small. Or better yet just post a link to them. We want to try to avoid the forum looking too cluttered up. As lupos said before, we're probably also going to put a limit on the size of images people embed in their signatures.

Signatures have a size limit already. I think it's 200 pixels high by 500 wide or some such. A nice thin banner size. They may end up being a bit much but we shall see. As for images my main concern for the short term is the standard "don't break the tables!" i.e. if its to big to fit in the forum don't put it there. OR put a small version that links to a larger version. Standard bb code for this is [url="large_image_url_here"][img]small_image_url_here[/img][/url], though I haven't tested it out so that may not be exactly right. But that should make your thumbnail image a click able link to the large one.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Akjeil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:58 pm

DWildstar wrote:...we ask that you please keep them small. Or better yet just post a link to them. We want to try to avoid the forum looking too cluttered up...
lupos wrote:As for images my main concern for the short term is the standard "don't break the tables!"

Indeed...I shall be discreet. I was actually thinking of posting a moderate pic ocassionally when relevant to particular discussions, your suggestions of link-posting and small pics linked to large but are excellent pointers. :D
In the meantime I'll have to troubleshoot my failed registration with an image-hosting site as well; and thanx for the the code example, lupos.

-Akjeil the Temporarily Invisible
Akjeil

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:12 pm

lupos wrote:Standard bb code for this is [url="large_image_url_here"][img]small_image_url_here[/img][/url], though I haven't tested it out so that may not be exactly right. But that should make your thumbnail image a click able link to the large one.

Thats exactly the right code... I had to do that for the picture in my signature but not because it was too big but so I could fit a quote in there. But same thing can be done with words just leave the out and put some words in there.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Re: art made with (wooden) posts

Postby Akjeil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Kyoshi wrote:
lupos wrote:Standard bb code for this is [url="large_image_url_here"][img]small_image_url_here[/img][/url], though I haven't tested it out so that may not be exactly right. But that should make your thumbnail image a click able link to the large one.

Thats exactly the right code... I had to do that for the picture in my signature but not because it was too big but so I could fit a quote in there. But same thing can be done with words just leave the out and put some words in there.

My thanks to you both, this shall save me untold years of experimentation, and I shall now duplicate the formula for mass-production...
Just to clarify a little more, I insert the url featuring the large pic after [url="large_image_url_here"], right? Do I put anything after the next part ("small_image_url_here") or between [/img] and[/url], or will the small image automatically generate?

-20 Questions Master Akjeil (small_image_here) :lol:
Akjeil

Postby lupos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:21 pm

ok, you would have to make a small version of your large image.

its like this:

Code: Select all
[url]http://www.google.com[/url]

will make a hyper link out of the link like so:
http://www.google.com

[url=http://www.google.com]google[/url]

will make a link out of the in between text that links to the address in the first part like so:
google

to make an image you use
[img]http://alteil.com/distribution/styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.png[/img]

so, combine those ideas and you get

[url="www.alteil.com"]

makes whatever comes after it a link to alteil.com

[img]

tells the forum that whatever comes after it is a link to an image

http://alteil.com/distribution/styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.png

[/img][/url]

then we close in reverse order or "wrap" the tags.

which gives you
[url="http://www.alteil.com][img]http://alteil.com/distribution/styles/prosilver/imageset/site_logo.png[/img][/url]

for further info you can go here for details on all the supported bbcode. We may add more as time goes on. For quick reference when your posting there is a link to this page right below the smilies that reads "bbcode is ON"
lupos
Site Admin

Postby lupos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:36 pm

All this talk of bbcode gave me an idea so i wanted to try something:

[card=11]Light Spear Woman[/card]

[card=11]Light Spear Woman[/card]

so, if you want to refference a particular card you just click the "card=" button above the posting window and after the "=" you put its id number, which can be found on the card list. Throw some text in the middle and bam! Popup window.
;a30
lupos
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to LeBeau's Studio