New forum theme\look? Sample inside.

Alteil Art and Artists

Re: New forum theme\look? Sample inside.

Postby Callonia » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 am

Sweet, gimme igina version =o
Callonia

Postby Lateralus923 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Logress wrote:GGG will get to this, she's been buried lately.

Thanks for the update, obviously gameplay and critical functions come first. Nice to hear this is an active project, I think a lot of us that waste too much time on the forums will be really excited when it happens! :D
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Oh sorry guys for being inactive for a while. I'm using my main account so I'm a bit afraid to post.
I'll be using this account from now on. Now you can expect some real updates.

What I'm gonna do (I have the Igina and Renally wallies) first is to show you guys banner-only, and a sharper Alteil logo. :)
But I won't do it until I finish my game manga. Thank you for the support~ ;loading
MiKeMiTchi

Postby Romdeau » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 pm

What's your main accounts name?
Romdeau

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Well I have 2 accounts on the forums, kewongpatola and this one. ;loading
I'm afraid to post because I might get banned if I post using 2 accounts... so I hesitated on posting...
I didn't want to use my kewongpatola account because I don't feel my identity with that name.

Well here you go guys...
The banner isn't half finished yet... but I have the sharper site_logo and a background image:

logo:

bg:
MiKeMiTchi

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:28 am

Nah, you don't get bannd for usig two accounts (unless you do it to ban-evade). Also, good work. ;th2
LoneKnight

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:28 am

Update:
I tried downloading a phpbb style, and now I got access to the imagesets (image files). Also, I added a code for that style
that will move the poster's name from right to left.

The problem I have now is on viewing it. I don't know how to view the style without downloading the phpbb software...

Next I would try posting a banner. :)
I will try one for Renally and Igina.
MiKeMiTchi

Postby lupos » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm

MiKeMiTchi wrote:The problem I have now is on viewing it. I don't know how to view the style without downloading the phpbb software...

Best method for testign this stuff without a server is to install a full stack. I use "wamp" when i have to work locally. You can turn it on and off so it doesn't kill resources when your not using it and it runs very smoothly. phpbb setup pretty quick, like 5 minutes if you know what your doing. 15-20 if just following a tutorial. PM me if you need any help.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks sir lupos! I'll try out wamp. I'm a bit new to forum and server set-ups so thanks, I'll pm you if I need some help. :)
MiKeMiTchi

Postby rsvlito » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Wow I never really deviate from Alteil General Discussion and Annarose's Sanctum, but this seems like an awesome idea.

I like the mock up for Gowen since red is my favorite color.

I'm a web developer and I would be willing to help develop themes for this forum. I have experience with phpBB. My skills are lacking with actual graphic design so the thing I can help out the most with is creating the HTML/CSS necessary to put together a theme if I am supplied the graphics necessary for backgrounds, banner and buttons. I have a live testing environment to test the phpBB themes.

I have a black theme for my forum http://rsvlito.com/forum. I am in the process of redesigning my website and having a hard time coming up with a good theme for my main site and forum. I am currently working on making themes for phpBB and so it would be nice to practice creating themes that will actually be used instead of just creating random themes to get a feel of how to create them.
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

PreviousNext

Return to LeBeau's Studio