Recommendations for Visual Novels

Video Games

Re: Recommendations for Visual Novels

Postby Callonia » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Romdeau wrote:Sengoku Rance.

The first piece of entertainment I recognize as a guilty pleasure. Well played, internet.

I forgot about planet Earth for the year i spent playing that.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 am

Good to know there's at least 1 other forum regular I can nerd out with Sengoku then. I just finished my first playthrough today, wasn't too difficult (asides from the castle fights with those stupid yellow robots). Xavier was easy because I just leveled Kentarou to like level 80 (thanks Suzaku!) and basically 4 shot him with Kentarou-Kun slash spam+Monk recharge.

Really doesn't make sense to me why they allow the player to level up Kentarou infinitely, it detracts from the epic feeling of beating Xavier because its so easy once you know. After 3 encounters or so, they should just remove him from the list of options so you're forced to kill him with Rance+friends.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Romdeau wrote:Good to know there's at least 1 other forum regular I can nerd out with Sengoku then. I just finished my first playthrough today, wasn't too difficult (asides from the castle fights with those stupid yellow robots). Xavier was easy because I just leveled Kentarou to like level 80 (thanks Suzaku!) and basically 4 shot him with Kentarou-Kun slash spam+Monk recharge.

Really doesn't make sense to me why they allow the player to level up Kentarou infinitely, it detracts from the epic feeling of beating Xavier because its so easy once you know. After 3 encounters or so, they should just remove him from the list of options so you're forced to kill him with Rance+friends.

Solution is really easy romdeau.

Just don't spam lvl up kentarou.

I didnt spam lvl him up and had a epic throwdown.

Oh, and can u guess who's my no.1 favorite girl in sengoku rance?

Ah yeah, u know there's an event where you can turn rance into a girl?
Callonia

Postby InfernityFan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:58 pm

For you horror fans out there, try Phenomeno. The translation was released last week. Also, it's one those rare games Nitroplus made for free. Anyway, about the VN itself, it has many thrilling moments, coupled with Nitroplus awesome usage of visual effects, it's one hell of a ride. Unfortunately it is short and lacks voice actor (well, it IS free).
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Romdeau » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:39 am

Doesn't make sense not to level up Kentarou. Xavier didn't even use his AoE spell in his fight because he died so fast lol. You're favorite girl is...Kenshin? I have a feeling that's who it is. Don't post any spoilers btw I haven't finished any other second game routes.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Romdeau wrote:Doesn't make sense not to level up Kentarou. Xavier didn't even use his AoE spell in his fight because he died so fast lol. You're favorite girl is...Kenshin? I have a feeling that's who it is. Don't post any spoilers btw I haven't finished any other second game routes.

Ur wrong.

It's Senhime.

Its your choice to have a epic throwdown or not romdeau. You chose not to. I chose to.

Spoilers inc, kidding.

Only route left i haven't done is yamamoto and chaos route. But i've done everything else.
If you want a sandbox mode, make sure to kill that monkey, It can be done if you've done true route at least once.

And I hope you're increasing the trust with maede keiji i believe? He becomes real strong after he likes you. As well as becoming real cool dude instead of other stuffy old dude that's wimpy.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pksPBNP9Reg

**** yeah, makes me want to Rance slash Xavier 500 times in a row.
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:48 am

Meh I've seen better.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:44 pm

Anyone else reading Rewrite?
Romdeau

Postby Jazzock » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:16 am

Gonna start it tomorrow night :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room