Technika in the USA

Video Games

Technika in the USA

Postby Chronomaster » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:43 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/06/dj-ma ... n-arcades/
http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/ne ... lavor-1076

Oh my god.
Oh. My. God.

Being the rhythm junkie that I am, and being that DJMax is probably the best rhythm game (debatable, but it's that or Beatmania), this is exciting.
BEATMANIUH
User avatar
Chronomaster
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby lupos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:51 pm

joystiq wrote:touching American arcades


Yea... all 5 of em... amirite? ;)
User avatar
lupos
Site Admin
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby Phades » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Do the namco pool halls/bar&grill/dart board/arcade/stripmall segment count? I know there is one in san fran and one in the scottsdale/phoenix area... or was that peoria... I half expected to see a 4th floor with a dance club and a basement with a strip joint the first time i went into one given the layout of the place. >.> <.<
Phades
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm

o.O We have an arcade in phoenix or peoria!? OMG!

Theres a small arcade in a strip mall not too far from me but I don't know if thats what your counting, every time I've been there they didn't seem to have anything particularly new or interesting. For example they finally got a Soul Cal 3 machine like a month before SC4 came out.

I remember several years ago there was a big arcade some where in like mesa I think it was, I remember it cause it was the first and only arcade in arizona to get a Soul Calibur 2 machine when SC2 first came out, I gathered one of my closest friends for a road trip and set out on a multi-hour drive up there to play it, yet he spent most of his time messing with the various dance/beat mania type machines if memory serves.

If there is another arcade out there though I need to hunt it down, still looking for a place I can drive to in a single night that has an Arcana Heart 2 machine.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
User avatar
DanTheTimid
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby Chronomaster » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm

lupos wrote:
joystiq wrote:touching American arcades


Yea... all 5 of em... amirite? ;)

Stop gloating about how you live in New York.
BEATMANIUH
User avatar
Chronomaster
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby Phades » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:59 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:o.O We have an arcade in phoenix or peoria!? OMG!

Theres a small arcade in a strip mall not too far from me but I don't know if thats what your counting, every time I've been there they didn't seem to have anything particularly new or interesting. For example they finally got a Soul Cal 3 machine like a month before SC4 came out.

I remember several years ago there was a big arcade some where in like mesa I think it was, I remember it cause it was the first and only arcade in arizona to get a Soul Calibur 2 machine when SC2 first came out, I gathered one of my closest friends for a road trip and set out on a multi-hour drive up there to play it, yet he spent most of his time messing with the various dance/beat mania type machines if memory serves.

If there is another arcade out there though I need to hunt it down, still looking for a place I can drive to in a single night that has an Arcana Heart 2 machine.

I don't know which city it was in exactly, i just know it was out past scottsdale near where the Fry's was... It was years ago, so i dont know if it is still there. It was/is a namco sponsored arcade and it was a 3 floor deal which had a full bar with pool tables etc on one floor, with most of the normal coin-op style machines on the 2nd floor and the bottom floor had racing sims and other games on it all linked together. It was part of the mall for wherever it was, i don't recall exactly and looking at mapquest isn't helping (forgive me it was around 10 years ago), but there was a movie theater right next door to it.

I think the one in san fran still exists, i was there 4-5 years ago... None of these places are exactly close to where i live anymore anyhow...
Phades
 
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby lupos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Chronomaster wrote:Stop gloating about how you live in New York.


If only. We have 2 arcades to my knowledge. A tiny one in china town with almost nothing but fighting games (though Street fighter 4 admittedly), and barcade. a Bar/arcade in Brooklyn with nothing but retro stuff. Like asteroids and the old star wars arcade. The original, not that one with the single joystick.

That is of course if we aren't count Dave -n- Busters. Which has iffy food at best and a rather terrible arcade. When I moved here there where 2 huge ones right in time square. Multi floor deals with 2-3 of every machine. Now I have 2 dives and a cruddy chain, family joint, that's 90% ski-ball. :(
User avatar
lupos
Site Admin
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:00 pm

lupos wrote: A tiny one in china town with almost nothing but fighting games (though Street fighter 4 admittedly)


Any complaint you could possibly make about your arcades is made moot by the part I bolded.

What else do you go to an arcade for besides fighting games anyway? I love DDR... but thats why I play with custom home mats, when I've tried doing any of the rythm games in arcades they tend to have buttons that stick or things that are just other wise busted and ruin the experience.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
User avatar
DanTheTimid
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby Chronomaster » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:22 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:
lupos wrote: A tiny one in china town with almost nothing but fighting games (though Street fighter 4 admittedly)


Any complaint you could possibly make about your arcades is made moot by the part I bolded.

What else do you go to an arcade for besides fighting games anyway? I love DDR... but thats why I play with custom home mats, when I've tried doing any of the rythm games in arcades they tend to have buttons that stick or things that are just other wise busted and ruin the experience.

Well at least this way, you know if the screen is busted.
BEATMANIUH
User avatar
Chronomaster
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: Technika in the USA

Postby Chronomaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

BEATMANIUH
User avatar
Chronomaster
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:13 pm


Return to Catherina's Play Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron