Tales of Vesperia / TOSymphonia Dawn of A New World

Video Games

Tales of Vesperia / TOSymphonia Dawn of A New World

Postby Rellix » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:44 pm

If you have either the Tales of Vesperia game for the XBOX360 or/and Tales of Symphonia Dawn of A New World for the Wii, then post here.

Why?

The XBOX360 and Wii have functions that enable gamers to communicate with each other while playing. At first, the thought seems like a lot of fun. But once you recognize that you don't know anyone who has the game let alone plays it (even if it is popular), the thought of it being fun becomes useless.

So if you'd like to compare rankings, help each other out while playing the game, etc. then please submit your contact.

XBOX LIVE
username: selemental

For those of you who have a 360 but not Live, they have a Free membership option.

Wii Account
- I'll have to edit that in later. I know there is a function on it, but I am not sure how to use it at all. If you know how then please say so. Mean time, I'll be looking it up on gamespot.

You can also discuss about the game here.
In ToVesperia, I'm still in first playthrough but my playtime is reaching or over 400 hrs.
In Tales of the Abyss I'm on 2nd playthrough and my time is long over 400 hrs.
In Tales of Symphonia, I'm on 2nd playthrough and it's reaching 300 hrs. or over.
In Tales of Legendia, I'm on 2nd playthrough and it's also reaching 300 hrs.
In ToS Dawn of a New World, I've been playing only 2 hrs. I just got the game, what do you expect...

I also have Tales of the World Radiant Mythology for the PSP and that has reached over 200 hrs but just barely. I'm on 2nd playthrough..

For those of you asking which games are best.. it'd be ToVesperia and ToS Dawn of A New World. But that's to be expected since those 2 are the latest Tales of games.

If you have a PS2, go for BOTH ToLegendia and ToAbyss.
ToLegendia's character art and story were handled by the artists of Samurai Champloo. You can expect it to be awesome.
And ToAbyss' character art and storyline were handled by the artists of Ah My Goddess!. Which is also awesome...
Last edited by Rellix on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rellix

Re: Tales of Vesperia / TOSymphonia Dawn of A New World

Postby Kyrie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 am

I've only played Phantasia and Symphonia, but will be picking up Eternia and Vesperia soon.
None of the others are available in PAL. This is annoying, because I love the series.
Kyrie

Postby Thundering » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:08 am

I've played all the tales all very good but Mania Mood dear god that's a pain in Symphonia if your doing colly :evil:

But there all really good
Thundering

Postby Phenoca » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:00 am

I wanted Tales of Vesperia, but couldn't find it for the Wii. One of my two best friends thinks it is like the greatest game ever (he also likes Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden, and SSBM).

My cousin bought Tales of Symphonia II. It is fun - if you have beaten the first game.
Phenoca

Postby Thundering » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:52 am

Phenoca wrote:I wanted Tales of Vesperia, but couldn't find it for the Wii. One of my two best friends thinks it is like the greatest game ever (he also likes Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden, and SSBM).

My cousin bought Tales of Symphonia II. It is fun - if you have beaten the first game.

Ending for one was cheesy but the Combat system was something there needs to be much more of
Thundering

Postby Phenoca » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:03 pm

I only have Tales of Symphonia. I personally believe that Tales of Vesperia is better.
Phenoca

Postby Ginnazoh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:08 pm

heroically bumping a dead thread because I just beat tales of eternia (falsely titled tales of destiny 2 in USA) for the ps1 a few hours ago and I have to say that it is vastly underrated.

I played a chinese translation of the game (I couldnt find an english patch but I found a chinese patch and I own the original japanese game) and the game was very enjoyable, although I've heard the english translation left things to be desired.

Also, I personally found tales of abyss to be more fun than tales of legandia, although this may be because I played ToAbyss first so it has more sentimental value, but I just found the ToAbyss characters and story more engaging and appealing
Ginnazoh

Return to Catherina's Play Room