Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Postby fargone » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Hello thatdave,

I am thatotherdave, most call me fargone. Nice to meet you.

I would like to ask you some questions regarding your videos and input at alteil. I will use dot points for my questions.

- Have you completed the dialogue for the videos?

- Do you agree the information presented in the videos is far more important than the woman's voice presenting it?

- Have you completed, or started the actual footage for the videos?

- Have you considered sourcing a voice actor from among your players and rewarding with in-game currency in an effort to save money?

- MysteryMan is doing all he can to not only complete tasks in a timely manner, but also within strict budget restraints. Taking this into account, why are you chasing an actress so much when there are other priorities at this point? There are players here who have presented their own videos, and the general consensus is even their voices are fine - we aren't making a soundtrack for **** here. Is your voice actress within budget?

- I understand your role to be one that is tied into the community. How do you feel that is going after 5 months involvement? Do you feel your interactions have either helped the community or had any impact on it as a whole?

- What can we expect from you in the future?

I apologise for so many questions, many of us have been eagerly awaiting your involvement.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Well whatever the coming changes are they better be something that does change the game.

As many said before we want to see a change that is clearly visible and noticeable on the users end. Some game mode at least or something serious at that.
I checked out the game kings and legends which some iczer opened a thread for on the forum. It's a very simplistic game but it has a lot of game modes and missions and distractions to keep you interested. I am not interested in the distractions, but the 2v2 / 4v4 and dungeon runs which can be done as a team too are amazing for a game that just started out yesterday or few days ago at most and it's still in open beta.

I still point out at lavato heroes since that's the least time consuming for you and also would require little to no balancing. Amazing game mode, probably not much more than a copy paste away and it will improve your game's appeal + it also requires cards from the shop, which means it's another excuse to pay for the game.
It could be up in 3 weeks with ease. But whatever. :?

Videos that present the game are irrelevant for those that know the game in and out. :/
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby onegin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:03 pm

MysteryMan wrote:VISA failed our internal QA

Scenario:

1) User buys gran for main. All good.
2) User buys gran for alt. VISA throws an error about multiple accounts but everything else behaves normally (account charged, gran granted, premium granted if applicable)

Expected behavior:

1) User buys gran for main. All good.
2) User buys gran for alt. All good.

Does users often buy gran for alt? I think it pretty rare case, and you could put on live first scenario only :) so ppls could but gran at least for themselves.
PS: 3 Jan new ex sets are gone. Looks like visa will be later :)
onegin

Postby thatdave » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Greetings Fargone.

Actually I have been lurking on this forum for a bit. I feel you have gone a bit aggressively after my casual statements to the point of questions based on assumption. If you want to reword a few of them, I will wait and answer those instead.

Much of my involvement has been in the background and in the social media. I like this game and community so much but as a new person I don't want to change it based on my perceptions but in ways to help the community as a whole. Mostly I want to expand it to a larger audience with out watering it down to make absolutely everyone happy. I absolutely detest flavorless mass media.

My plans for the future is a bit of a large subject. But I can type them out here or in sprint 4.
thatdave

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:35 pm

thatdave wrote:Mostly I want to expand it to a larger audience with out watering it down to make absolutely everyone happy.

Looking forward to hearing more about this. Honestly I'd probably start playing again if the player base got larger. Right now there aren't that many active players.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Peralisc9001, believe it or not, I'm probably more frustrated than you about the pace of the new code.

I could kvetch about blockers, but barring extenuating circumstances, the majority of shackles to progress should be gone mid-next week. Jan and Feb should be the months where more shiny things appear.
MysteryMan

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:03 am

I am really holding high hopes that with the additional staff and everything else in place you guys will have napolean, lavato heroes, auction house all up and running by say end of March? Before, I never really had much interest in the other mini games but i truly believe that when you guys cross platform it will be a serious benefit in retaining the new users that cross platforming provides.

I like the manner in which you inform your customer base about the progress of development.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby thatdave » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
thatdave wrote:Mostly I want to expand it to a larger audience with out watering it down to make absolutely everyone happy.

Looking forward to hearing more about this. Honestly I'd probably start playing again if the player base got larger. Right now there aren't that many active players.

I understand. First we have to fix all the things that will improve player experience and retention. Or else all the advertising will be for naught. I also want to take more of the story background out of the forums and bring them up to the front of the site for everyone to enjoy. Incorporate it with some of the artwork, plus for the new players to get into the game more. That is just for starters.
thatdave

Postby fargone » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Hello thatdave,

I would like to ask you some questions regarding your videos and input at alteil. I will use dot points for my questions.

- Have you considered sourcing a voice actor from among your players and rewarding with in-game currency in an effort to save money?

- I understand your role to be one that is tied into the community. How do you feel that is going after 5 months involvement? Do you feel your interactions have either helped the community or had any impact on it as a whole?

I apologise for so many questions, many of us have been eagerly awaiting your involvement.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby thatdave » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 pm

fargone wrote:Hello thatdave,

Greetings again Fargone.

Dialogue completed.

Have source for video. Have access to high quality artwork.

I had. She has convinced me that she was for a time amongst the players. Plus she was very reasonable as pricing went. I felt bad taking too much for free so I had to find a reasonable price because I wanted sustainability rather than a few favors. This in no way rules out other people by any stretch of the imagination. Logress and I, we talk alot. He mentioned something about some of the videos and VOs being produced by others. I fully agree.

I understand my role can be one that is tied in with the community. I fully admit that Logress far outpaces me for the Alteil community. As well he should. One of the things that I have been reading up on is the negative press by the unhappy people who left Alteil and why. So far my involvement hasn't been announced specifically each time but has been present and I feel has been received rather positively.
(MysteryMan, Logress and I work pretty well together so it is easy to see styles blend into each other.)

As founders we wear multiple hats actually. I have done much of the mundane tedious things that allow for the sets to be released on time. I was fixing some of the code in the Flash files. Both of those were enjoyable tasks.

What can you expect from me in the future? Ultimately I want to pave the way for new players to have a great time here, start playing and constructing decks quickly without nerfing gameplay. Make it a more sharable experience. Also want to open up the storyline and bring it to the front as opposed to hidden in the forums.

I however will not be involved with anything for April 1st. I do not condone such tomfoolery and will put a stop to anything I see.
thatdave

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion