Street Fighter 4

Video Games

Re: Street Fighter 4

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 am

Sadly I can't really afford x-box live right now so I haven't gotten to play online yet (got to play SF: HD Remix online because they made x-box live free during the month of december and Remix came out the final weekend of november) but the offline stuff alone has been enough to keep me very busy and entertained. Its definitely lived up to the hype I had for the game. Trial mode has some crazy hard move cancels and combos so assuming I can withstand the frustration with out breaking my arcade stick that alone should keep me busy for some time. Definitely the best time attack and survival modes I've ever played though, I'm used to them being pointless endevars where you just play arcade mode while timed or just keep fighting off enemies till you die or get bored, but having pre-defined special circumstances and goals to reach to unlock things make both of those modes a lot more interesting and actually worth playing.

My only real complaint so far remains the fact that they left in the unnecessarily hard motions for Fei-Long and Cammy, but hey you can't have it all. Ironically from the day SF4 was released talk was already swirling about SF4:Dash, the tenative name for a potential sequel mentioned by the creator in a recent interview. Personally I'd be willing to pay to unlock new characters for SF4 but I hope that if I have to wait to get them all at once in an "expansion" sequel that I don't have to pay full price for the game again, thats kind of what killed the street fighter licsense for me back during its glory days of SF2, they kept re-releasing the same game with a handful of new characters and a few tweaks/touch-ups and expecting us to pay full price for it again.

Regardless SF4:Dash, if it ever happens, is a long way off, for now I'm just enjoying SF4 and looking forward to eventually taking my the fruits of my practice online (hopefully via another free x-box live month lol).
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby darklogos » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:25 am

I may pick it up next month when someone returns their copy to gamestop and i pick it up used. That's my big thing. It cost 60 dollars with tax. Thats a lot of alteil cards lol. So I'll just wait. I still have to put in some time in Soul Caliber 4.
darklogos

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:30 am

Right now I'm no longer playing SF4, not because I lost interest, but because my arcade stick went and died on me... :cry:

Its only the medium kick button thats stopped working right so I've considered trying to just work around it, but theres too many moves in this game that require it (all kick ultras, focus attacks for every character, and of course the medium version of all kick based attacks). Ironically I originally bought this stick for SC4 and SC4 doesn't need that button so the stick is still useful for its original purpose but at least for now arcade style SF4 is out of my grasp again.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:37 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:Right now I'm no longer playing SF4, not because I lost interest, but because my arcade stick went and died on me... :cry:

Its only the medium kick button thats stopped working right so I've considered trying to just work around it, but theres too many moves in this game that require it (all kick ultras, focus attacks for every character, and of course the medium version of all kick based attacks). Ironically I originally bought this stick for SC4 and SC4 doesn't need that button so the stick is still useful for its original purpose but at least for now arcade style SF4 is out of my grasp again.

I feel your pain man, i truly do. I am in a similar situation with how the arcade sticks are still back ordered through april... Yeah, i can play the game with a d-pad, but i do a lot of typing at work and can't exactly justify pain transferal over into work causing other issues.
Phades

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:51 am

Dude, but Chun Li's thighs...
Romdeau

Previous

Return to Catherina's Play Room