What's your best video game related story?

Video Games

Re: What's your best video game related story?

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm

What mu server were you playing on? Maybe old, but still a really fun game to play.
I still remember how annoying it is when you get murderer statuts and cant move from city to city. But playerkilling is so damn iresistable. GAH, i could never resist it! Even while in parties i was doing damage tests on the bypassers and as a rule of thumb always killed the stupid elf that put autoheal self and went afk. "afk a bit ok?" "ok" *red message shows up*

I was seeking parties of players and then took them down. Sometimes i had to kill and run and then go back fast and kill again and run so that they wont have time to group up. Then they would come one after the other seeking me out and die all over again. :lol:
ah ... all that running away and the aqua beams shooting at random directions from behind :roll:

One thing that bothered me was the dark lords that had lots of damage. sigh, 1 hit kill ... wtf? seriously stupid >_>
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Kamerynn » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:57 pm

I suppose my best video game moment was checking csports.net world rankings and discovering that I finally made #1 in tribes:vengeance (for arena, not ctf). It was a small enough community - I remember reading that barely more than 20,000 copies of the game sold. Still, I felt it was quite the achievement. It was good being feared. :twisted:
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Kamerynn

Postby edgarfigaro » Fri May 01, 2009 3:12 pm

I'll suppose I could throw a few around to keep the thread alive.

In WoW, I once sold some annoying member of my pick up group a piece of 20 copper meat for 1 gold. 100 copper = 1 silver, 100 silver = 1 gold piece. He kept hounding me over and over for some item I said I wouldn't give him while we waited for the rest of our group to arrive outside the Zul'Farrak dungeon. So I finally said I'd give him it, he didn't check the trade window before clicking okay. He dropped from the group immediately after.

Also, when I was younger about seven or so, me and my brother conquered the nigh unconquerable original Contra with no Konami code. I'll admit I died on the Snowfields, but he went all the way to the Alien thing at the end. Quite satisfying.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:52 pm

EdgarFigaro wrote:Also, when I was younger about seven or so, me and my brother conquered the nigh unconquerable original Contra with no Konami code. I'll admit I died on the Snowfields, but he went all the way to the Alien thing at the end. Quite satisfying.

Was that some giant skeleton alien like thing with a women face and you had to to jump on the head and shoot down on it to finish it fast off?
Ive finished it alone! Ha! Well at first i was able to finish it only with my little sis. She was taking the hits, good shield! :p

I thought your story you wanted to tell us about is huge! Where is it!
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Zanador » Sat May 02, 2009 9:07 am

Peralisc2 wrote:What mu server were you playing on?

I cant remember which one of the official servers i was on.. aside of that, on the e-Global private server, back when it was still "low rate" (30x..).
I never actually killed my own party, tho they might have accidentally got hit by my evil spirits (aoe with a hard to see effect in dark dungeons) in the middle of a fight, and besides i had a friend who used to be a PK just for the look of it, he did the job most of the time. Oh, right, do you remember the "budgedragon disguise ring"? (this dragon was the lowest lvl monster in the game, small little thing, and this ring turned you into one when you equipped it) I had one on about 90% of the times, coz i found a bug that turned me green, my PK friend was black, and another friend the original red.. we were roaming around killing-lvling like that. :)

Dark lords werent a great problem for me.. i was 2-3 hits to kill for nearly anyone (stats for my dark wizard were always something like 20agi 30str, 50vit 1500 energy), so i kept teleporting around the place and spamming aoe between 2 jumps (i think it was a basic strategy, tho hardly anyone took the time using it..). Once i got in a duel with another wizard using the same style. After a 20 min duel one of us ran out of potions, and that was it.. till than we couldnt kill eachother, but there were like 10-30 innocent victims around us by that time. :D
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat May 02, 2009 10:24 am

werent the rings modifying your attack? :/
i played on many servers, but the ones with 500 - 1000 rate were the best, but i did waste some time on some 150 rate server, took quite a bit to get at level 320+ (2 or maybe even 3 months) >_>
I was addint more equaly to HP, AT and AGI with my Soul Master. But thats the only time i used one.

The character i liked most was always the Dark Knight and second to it Magic Gladiator for the extra 1 or 2 points at level up(depends on the server).
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby Zanador » Sat May 02, 2009 11:24 am

Disguised you couldnt use some of the skills, thats right.. but as a budgedragon i could still do most of the magics, like pillar of fire (you walk on the easy fields of the beginner area and suddenly without any attack animation to give away the source you are set on fire and burn, fun). Some of the newbies actually attacked me so i could fight back without becoming PK...
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby ZeroX1999 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:15 am

The best video game story I had was on Tibia. When the server still allowed mass PK. I went to the Paladin guild hall to buy magic and arrows for my character, when suddenly a guy pops up from behind a wall and covers the exit with boxes(in the game if two boxes were stacked you can't get through them). He starts attacking me with arrows (which does quite a bit of damage) because he figured he was 10 levels higher and stronger then me. The funny thing was I left my bow and arrows at the storage and just used my spears(like half the damage an arrow does) and shield against him. I had leveled my shield to very high levels so he couldn't hit me and my spear level (same as ranged atk levels) was also high, it kept hitting him for like 20 damage and he didn't even touch me. At that point He started pushing the boxes, he used to block me, away and ran to the nearest non-pvp zone. I chased him all the way but he entered the non-pvp zone and stayed safe while I was kept out because I nearly killed him without taking damage(which meant I as the aggressor).

I did laugh a lot that day, because I was standing at the border of the non-pvp zone and taunting him.

Talking about Yu-gi-oh another stupid sotry comes to mind.

I was at a samll time tourny with my friend and he was dueling someone. The guy was winning and my friend looked like he was about to lose when he made a come back win with Infinte Attack points. My friend had Geirfried the Iron Knight(the card that destroys equip cards when equipped to him) and Butterfly dagger Elma, and some monster that gets like 200-300 atk for every magic card used. The trick was that Butterfly dagger elma comes back to the hand when it is destroyed, so in an infinite loop the monster is assumed to have infinite attack. The guy had his mouth opened in shock because he had no trap cards to protect himself.... needless to say my friend won.
ZeroX1999

Postby edgarfigaro » Wed May 06, 2009 10:05 am

Peralisc2 wrote:I thought your story you wanted to tell us about is huge! Where is it!

I don't want to kill the thread before it's time. Such a good story though, one for the ages and such.

Oh and here's the beauty of a final boss from Contra.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby Peralisc2 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:49 am

There must be damn more versions of contra. o.o
I think i ment super contra. (contra 2 that is)

this is contra 3 and sadly never got my hands on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjmsIQIy9s&feature=fvsr

I also finished contra force! :P

ImageImage
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room