Super Smash Bros Brawl

Video Games

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Postby Moozze » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Yay, I just got the game yesterday and it's awesome! (It kept me away from alteil, lol!)

I was wondering if there are other brawlers here?
Annoying.
Moozze

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl

Postby Captain Von Furry » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes, I use Snake and never play online.
Yiff yiff, fur fur, yay yay yay!
Captain Von Furry

Postby Aether » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:49 pm

I play every now and then. I usually use Lucario, Meta Knight, or Pit. I want to play online, but Nintendo's servers kind of fail. I think the only way to play with another person online right now is through friend codes.
;a40 Accounts: Alpha 121 / Aether
Aether

Postby GunCastor » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 pm

I haven't played this game in a small while, I usually only play when I have friends over now. But we find many other games to amuse ourselves now so its rarely ever played anymore. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I rarely ever did play online, even when I first got it.
GunCastor

Postby Rienke » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Favorite game series by far, I main (use) ROB and I play competitively.
Rienke

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:59 pm

I own all the games in the Super Smash Bros series, I think the thing I liked most about them was that I've always been a fighting game fan but most of my friends weren't so its a pain to get them to play and enjoy fighting games. Super Smash however was a game that anyone could easily step into and not only have fun but feel like they were competing (even if you were really just toying with them). The ability to 2 on 2 co-op against computers was also very cool and something most other fighting games lack.

Ironically years after playing melee I made some friends who were OBSESSIVE about the smash games. I mean years after its release they were still spending hours every day training to get better and holding weekly tournaments for money. For once I was the one being toyed with... but it was awesome to finally have a challenge and I did still take my share of wins in 4 player free-for-alls and if I was lucky even occasionally in 1 on 1s.

When Brawl first came out I was playing it non-stop but now adays its pretty much become relegated to the game I sometimes play when I have friends over. I have played it online a little bit but the online features are definitely lacking and didn't really give me a strong incentive to keep playing and improving. I also don't see my SSB obsessive friends much anymore (darn you World of Warcraft) so with out them to play I have even less reason to train, but on the bright side my rusting skills give my more casual friends a better chance when we play.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 am

Dan, why are all your posts at least a 1000 words long? It feels like reading books! ^^

O well, this is my first ssb game so I was a complete newbie. So far I like to use Falco (which seems to be the same as Fox) Marth, Mario, Meta Knight and Diddy Kong most. My problem is the fact I don;t have any friends who live close to my place and like ssb, so I miss the most important aspect of the game. O well, online with my other friends + skype should be fun too!
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Grain » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Moozze wrote:Dan, why are all your posts at least a 1000 words long? It feels like reading books! ^^

Got a problem with books?
Grain

Postby Moozze » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Grain wrote:
Moozze wrote:Dan, why are all your posts at least a 1000 words long? It feels like reading books! ^^

Got a problem with books?

No, don't read it as negative feedback! Books are nice.
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Captain Von Furry » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Alot of people seem to have multiple "main" characters, I never saw the use in this other then changing things up once in a while. I guess you have to be a player who can balance more then one character while still being considerably good.
Yiff yiff, fur fur, yay yay yay!
Captain Von Furry

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room