Super Smash Bros Brawl

Video Games

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:10 pm

Moozze wrote:Lucas and Ness are kind of the same aren't they?

They play similarly, but there are key differences.

Lucas's up special is PK Freeze, which has a rather large range and, while not as powerful, can freeze the opponent if they don't guard as well as having a nice area of effect. Ness's up special is PK Flash, which while severely lacking in range, deals a lot more damage and has a larger area of effect.

Lucas's version of PK Fire always shoots straight ahead and has a nice launch effect. Ness's version of PK Fire, when fired in the air, shoots at a downward diagonal and traps the opponent in a barrage of minor hits until the PK Fire dissapates.

Lucas's version of PK Thunder can make tighter turns and runs through the target and, when used on yourself to launch yourself at an opponent, it deals a barrage of attacks followed by a decent launch power. Ness's version of PK Thunder has minor launch power and is only a one hit. However, when used to launch yourself, the launch is much more powerful than Lucas's.

Lucas's version of PK Magnet has the magnet appear in front of him and, under the right circumstances, can minorly damage the opponent upon cancelling PK Magnet. Ness's version of PK Magnet appears around him, making him completely immune to whatever PK Magnet can absorb while Lucas can only absorb what comes at him from the front.

Lucas's up smash has a half-second delay before shooting a blast of PSI energy, dealing one of the most powerful launches in the game. Ness's up smash, though not as powerful, has a wider radius as it attacks enemies in front and behind him as well as above him.

Lucas's forward smash and Ness's forward smash are basically the same attack, though Ness's is more powerful.

Apart from the last part, Ness and Lucas handle quite differently.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Moozze » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Oh cool, I didn't know all that. Are there differences between Fox and falco like that too?
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Moozze wrote:Oh cool, I didn't know all that. Are there differences between Fox and falco like that too?

Most definitely. However, I don't play Falco and Fox, so I couldn't tell you.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby Kyrie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Fox, Falco and indeed Wolf have completely different A moves, and although their special attacks are very similar there are a few differences (their Blasters all work in different ways, Wolf's side B is diagonal, Falco's Reflector is a projectile).

I like that there are very few clones this time.
Kyrie

Postby Lester » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:51 am

My favorite is Lucario, hands down.
His ability to get stronger the weaker he gets...It's awesome! I get my brothers with it all the time!
Lester

Postby Peaches » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:12 pm

DEDEDE!!

Is the best in the game, easy peasy. I like never lose with that big 'ol penguin. I have an especial love for using my munchy attack to make Ike fling himself off the edge when he does his side B, since he can't cancel or recover from it. xD

Next comes Marth for sheer speedy goodness, then Peach for technical stuff. And for sharing my name, kinda.

And Ganny comes in as my number four, for his meaty punches. And then Captain falcon for being the protagonist of the only racing game I'll play.

Brawl was pretty fun, I love the Subspace Emissary, but only for the cutscenes.
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Postby deathmasterb » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm a brawler! But I don't usually play online. I usually play as Link, although Toon Link is fun, too. I just finished unlocking all of the characters. I'm replaying Subspace Emissary again. It reminds me of the old Kirby games.
deathmasterb

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:41 pm

I fell in love with Pit lol i rarely loose with him
other charas im a beast with are Link/ Toonlink/Zelda/Ike/Snake/Zero Suit Samus/

btw any one able to handle mister game and watch well????
"Today I make Europe mine"
Yamagoku8059

Postby Peaches » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Mister gamer and watch isn't a character you're supposed to handle, he's there to add an extra degree of desperate button mashing to the game. His flapjacks go off in random directions, his hammer has 9 different effects, determined randomly, and his jump patterns are just odd. You're not supposed to get good with game and watch, it's the unspoken law of smash bros.

Ike's a noob character :p
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Peaches wrote:Mister gamer and watch isn't a character you're supposed to handle, he's there to add an extra degree of desperate button mashing to the game. His flapjacks go off in random directions, his hammer has 9 different effects, determined randomly, and his jump patterns are just odd. You're not supposed to get good with game and watch, it's the unspoken law of smash bros.

Ike's a noob character :p

¬_¬ y is Ike for Noobs?
I dont think he is for noobs since he mostly gets bumbed around due his slow speed lol

beside i didnt said that he's my imba godlike character
just that i can handle him well wich doesnt mean i use him often since Pit is to awesome to not play him and play ike instead
"Today I make Europe mine"
Yamagoku8059

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room