So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Video Games

Re: So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Well let's say you could discard to the graveyard the 3 cards (dont know if thats how its played) and summon this guy ... tripple headed blue eyes white dragon is much easier to summon since you have fusion substitutes for example.
And i really wonder why i should summon him if his body parts stand alone are much more useful. o.o

Oh just remembered Relinquished. A much better card, hard to time to keep alive but the reward is great!
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Relinquished
You can add some cards that let you select a monster from your deck and put it in your hand and then also play one monster that brings you the ritual spell card. So you actualy can summon him very fast in a Relinquished specific deck.

I ran a Relinquished deck back in the day... add in some Gravity Band to stop them from even attacking and you can have yourself a fun time. :D
luckysvn777

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Otonashi wrote:I think it's because Gate Guardian is an old as hell card. Way back then it was good, but the new stuff coming out just grinds it into dust. (Especially with all of the cheap/easy removal stuff... I swear, some of the new cards coming out are just as bad as stuff that's been on the ban list since the beginning.) I think they're just making new cards more and more powerful just to force people to buy them if they want to compete, so I don't buy them any more and just play online for free when I feel interest coming on.

Nope, sorry, but your very wrong. Gate Guardian was NEVER good, or even close to it, even when it first came out. Its pieces, or at least one of them, was almost playable, but the big Gate Guardian himself was never anything but trash. In set one we had Raigeki, Dark Hole, heck even fissure, those cards all meant even if he hit the field his life expectancy was only a single turn, but he never hit the field cause getting out all 3 of his specific pieces, each of which took 2 sacrifices to get out, that meant it was a 10 card combo (4 of which had to be specific cards). You could cheat and stack your deck so that you drew exactly what you wanted and you probably STILL wouldn't be able to pull off gate guardian against even a mediocre player. All that impossibly hard work, and all you got to show for it was a single easily destroyed monster with no positive effects and less attack then the sum of his parts.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm

To summon this i used all sorts of revives and wabokus. :lol:

I see raigeki is forbidden in some cases or something like that. Same goes for dark hole. Well truely nasty cards, but dark hole is quite fair imo. Trap hole is also quite strong, since it can remove any level monster summoned on the field, unless you use revive.

Some discard cards are just crazy and i wonder why they don't care enough about them to put a restriction. See needle worm ...
Guess they have a huge list of forbidden cards just so you buy the new ones. :?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Actually, and I admit I'm not into yugioh anymore, mostly only know anything about it from friends who are still into it and information I gather in passing, but yugioh is much MUCH more balanced these days. Raigeki and Dark Hole were both absurdly over powered and thus were banned. Most of the new "power" cards are theme specific, meaning if you want to use them you've got to stick to their specific theme and there are quite a few different themes each with their own "power" cards to justify using them. From what I hear the main motivation to keep buying new sets these days is that new sets actually support existing themes now and the new themes they come out with are generally crafted to be strong against whatever the existing top theme is, creating a sort of rock paper scizzors balance scheme among the top themes.

Thats just what I've heard though, haven't played in years so I can't confirm it.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Well someone had a bunch of these cards, so i thought to give it a try. :P

How much does it cost these days to be and stay competitive? Without considering the fact that to play online would cost me at least an enourmous amount because they charge per duel. @_Q
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:06 pm

No idea, probably depends on large part if you have or can make friends with people who already play. Friend play groups share cards and thus can help you get a lot of the key cards for a theme really cheap or even for free. As I understand it they have structure decks that come with alot of high rarity staples in common form so that might be a good place to start but I couldn't tell you whats the best structure to buy. Structures were I think about 10 or so bucks, but some times they'd only come with a single copy of a key card so you'd have to buy 3 to make a tournament calibur deck, like for example if we had structures in alteil there would be an eternal night structure that came with 3 dagon, 3 *insert other lycanthropes, 3, sucubus, 2 aegis, and only 1 copy of eskatia and it'd be a copy that'd only recycle for 5 gran... BUT you'd still be getting an eskatia for 10 bucks and everything else as extra cards for the base of a deck. Because of this many long time players have tons of extra of the "extra" cards from structures they wanted the chase card of, thus why knowing people can make getting into the game really easy.
DanTheTimid

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Pera:

http://www.xerocreative.com/index.php?goto=downloads

Download the latest update of YVD (Yu Gi Oh Virtual Desktop). You get access to all the cards and can play entirely for free.

At least last time I checked you could...
luckysvn777

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Isn't that without images? That's such a turn down. :/

Thanks Dan for the info. Anyway when i play a game i am interested in i usualy try to get into the "main" version. :P
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:25 pm

I'm trying to remember, and I actually think it does have images as well. There are at least image files in the download, I'm just trying to remember if its part of the deckmaking/detailed look screen or all the time. I want to say its the latter.

At any rate, its free and fun.

Let me know if you try it and we could have a match if you want. Its been forever for me.
luckysvn777

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 pm

u gotta download the images separatly theyre not included in the software download, but dont ask me how to make them work coz u got to put them in as well afterwards.
"Today I make Europe mine"
Yamagoku8059

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room