So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Video Games

Re: So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Postby Peralisc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Sure i will try to remake the deck i played. ^^

Anyway is there actualy a star limit or something like that? I think i read somewhere or heard from someone, can't remember more, but it said there's a limit to your total number of stars on your cards or something like that, in some competitions. I find this a bit dumb, hope i missunderstood.
Imagine alteil forcing star limit on your deck, well probably could work in a special fun arena, but still. T_T
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 pm

By the way, I think if you download the current version, it comes with all the images and everything installed already though, not sure. It worked like that last time i downloaded it.

I don't think there is a star limit... just what is on the ban/restricted list and of course under 4 copies of each. Other than that, i think you can do anything... if that's what you meant
luckysvn777

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Never participated in any "star limit" tournament, wouldn't really make sense, in general most high star cards are VERY hard to use, the best cards tend to be the low star cards anyway, with certain themes having high star cards that become much more playable when used in their correct them.

Like Dark Magician for instance, terrible card on its own, sacrificing 2 cards to summon him is almost never worth it, but in a dark magician themed deck there are tons of effects that can bring him to the field with out the usual sacrifice. He's still a dangerous card to run too many of though because of how bad he is if you don't draw the cards to play him through special means so even dark magician themed decks might still only say run 2 of him.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Balanced my as. That sh17's far away from being balanced. They just banned / restricted old cards and added new crazy stuff so people buy new cards with effects that are too strong, stronger than those of the cards they banned. Freaking t4rd5!

I mean pot of greed is banned and they the stardust dragon which is by far stronger.
And why did they ban graceful charity? You play the card (that means you waste 1 card) to draw 3 cards from which 2 you throw to the graveyard ...

Seriously, dumb ... a freaking stupid dumbas game. Rather play WOW (well i wouldnt play that either but at least it has something to it) it also costs less and it will be more fun for sure. I am sure grinding in WOW & other tasks as such, are more intelligent than yugioh.
Oh and someone was actualy advertising this bullsh17 on the forum. WTF! :x

Well if i ever play it again, then it will be on YVD just to let time pass by.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:35 pm

And why did they ban graceful charity?

Look up the Dark World cards... they love getting discarded, and Graceful Charity makes it ridiculous.

But yeah, I agree with what you said. Coming back to it after a couple years, the power surge is incredible, where already 90% of my cards are completely useless now, if not more, compared to the stuff that just came out.

The game has really gone downhill... oh well.
luckysvn777

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:45 pm

yeah lucky i agree but one thing still makes me love ygo and that thing is PLANT cards XD
"Today I make Europe mine"
Yamagoku8059

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:31 am

Yama.

I hate your plant cards.

So very much.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
luckysvn777

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:41 am

luckysvn777 wrote:Yama.

I hate your plant cards.

So very much.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

hey dun be mean some pretty flower dun deserve to be hated that much
"Today I make Europe mine"
Yamagoku8059

Postby alvisto » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 am

DanTheTimid wrote:
- I once had a player give me a game boy advance and a couple games for it in exchange for agreeing not to enter that days yugioh tournament. This was back when the GBA was still pretty new and valuable. I tryed to talk the guy out of it but he was insistent on it so I agreed. I don't believe he ended up winning the tournament despite my abscence however.
- I once had a player trade me a week old Nintendo DS for a couple cards I had, this was right after the DS had come out. The value on the cards vs the DS were roughly the same which is why I agreed to it, plus he was a friend and knew what he was doing.
- I once had a player sell me a barely used DS and the yugioh DS game for 50 bucks (the system itself was still selling for at least 100 dollars back then). He had bought the DS just to play the yugioh game and either had beaten everything in the game, or didn't care for it, don't remember which, all I know is that he ended up needing 50 bucks for something and so he offered the dS and the game. I later sold the game to a gamestop for like 12 bucks, and sold the DS to my little sister (50 bucks) and came away with a 12 dollar profit.

I never knew Yu-gi-oh have such mysterious force and influence on people !! Well, Alteil is my first card game, so I can't comment on anything...
alvisto

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:12 pm

It obviously depends on the person, not on the game.
ImageImage
Peralisc2

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room