So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Video Games

Re: So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Balanced my as. That sh17's far away from being balanced. They just banned / restricted old cards and added new crazy stuff so people buy new cards with effects that are too strong, stronger than those of the cards they banned. Freaking t4rd5!

I mean pot of greed is banned and they the stardust dragon which is by far stronger.
And why did they ban graceful charity? You play the card (that means you waste 1 card) to draw 3 cards from which 2 you throw to the graveyard ...

Whether or not the game is balanced these days I can't say, I don't play anymore, but back when I did play the bans were all 100% justified. Pot of Greed is among the most broken over powered and horrendously balanced cards in any card game ever, its pure obscene advantage with zero downside.

Graceful charity was also obscenely powerful with no real downside (in fact the only thing that was supposed to give it any weakness at all, the discard part of it, is actually arguably the most powerful part of the card that eventually forced its banning). Even before dark world (though they truly break the card in ridiculous ways) the graveyard in yugioh is in many ways a second hand, depending on the cards you often rather have them in your discard then in your hand or deck, because of this there are cards purely for sending one of your own cards to the discard pile that saw lots of top level competitive play , and graceful sends 2 cards to the grave yard while drawing you 3 cards as well, like pot of greed there was no reason every deck ever made shouldn't include as many of them as they absolutely could.

Stardust dragon didn't exist when I played, so I don't know how broken he is or how he's effecting the meta, maybe he deserves a banning like Chaos Emperor Dragon and Black Luster Soldier got way back in the day, but whatever current balance problems they have don't justify cards like pot of greed or graceful being unbanned, they absolutely deserved the ban hammer.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:04 pm

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Stardust_Dragon

hes pretty powerfull and really stops mass destruction decks on his own
"Today I make Europe mine"
Yamagoku8059

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:48 pm

They banned the cards that made the game fun and popular, thus they are a bunch of morons, thus the games sucks and i won't play that crap. Pot of greed and everything else was and still is fine.

It's wrong to say that it deserves ban when there are other broken cards, you don't get the "ban old cards to force people buying new ones" part. With those nonsensical bans i can't feel like playing the game.

It is as if they ban return and add sky staff sorc, same **** concept.

And last but not least, you seeing the game as balanced and some of what they do ok, isn't going to make me feel all warm and comfy inside and then play their game. When playing a game someone else's point of view dosn't help.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 pm

well how long didnt u play now?

it is balanced as since the ones that still play know the new cards coz lots of the old cards wich got banned found a good replacement, or theme based cards wich got smiliar effect if u run that specific deck type.
Yamagoku8059

Postby Otonashi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:35 pm

It's not that they ban old ones so that people buy new ones, it's that they *don't* ban the new ones once their brokenness shines through so that they can still make money off them for awhile. Unless a card is really game breaking I don't think they'll ban it until a few other cards come out after it, just so they can sell a lot of them until then.

And the deal with pot of greed is, is that it's essentially two other cards; that is, whatever cards you happen to draw. And really, if you have a problem with its banning then you really REALLY suck at the game. Either you don't realize that everybody used it, and banning them puts everybody at the same disadvantage, or you were one of the people who only played with people that didn't have it and that was your only edge. That's what it's like for a lot of the 'broken' cards that became 'must use' in any deck.

I really wish they'd do what Magic: the Gathering does and cycle out old cards from tournament legal play. Then they could just wait for the current meta to be cycled out, instead of trying to keep topping it to get people to play different decks/buy more cards.
Otonashi

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Well no need to be offensive. Manner up please. Do you work for them or something? :/

The game is dumb and their system is worse. Me not agreeing with it dosn't reflect how well i play that game and then i have to repeat that you agreeing with the balance dosn't make others like it again and play.

@ goku
so they just replaced old stuff and made it color/type oriented
Show me the money! eh? :(
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Yamagoku8059 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:08 am

Peralisc2 wrote:Well no need to be offensive. Manner up please. Do you work for them or something? :/

The game is dumb and their system is worse. Me not agreeing with it dosn't reflect how well i play that game and then i have to repeat that you agreeing with the balance dosn't make others like it again and play.

@ goku
so they just replaced old stuff and made it color/type oriented
Show me the money! eh? :(

its also to boost other type of deck since no one wants to see 80% Dark Armored Dragon files anymore on tourneys
Yamagoku8059

Postby Callonia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 am

=o well, I used to play yugioh alot back in my high school I dominated the high school scene XD But uh, my deck was mostly straightforward, buncha monsters with buncha higher lvls and Atk boosters plus magic/traps to eliminate monsters or continuous traps/spells.

That pretty much explain my deck, Oh, and , I remember my Triple Barrel Dragon, the card was damn cool lookin so ialways used it from time to time XD

Edit, there was that one guy where matches is always good, Decided in first three turns or a long stalemate war til one's resources give out first XD

Been years since i last played yugioh, four years ago I believe or more.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc2 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:46 am

I still mourn the cyber jar whenever i remember it. :(
ImageImage
Peralisc2

Postby neviscus » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:57 am

okay sorry to reply late. But I have a few things

@Dan- your story about exodia on the first page happened to me too, except it was an exhibition, this kid came up and said "I bet I can beat you on my first turn", and I said "ok but let me cut your deck" He then proceded to say "no because then I couldn't" :lol: I went ahead and let him exodia me

@ pera- ok, I play currently and stardust is not that bad to go against their are plenty of things to go against him, 1st he is syncro so you have to tune him, and most tuners are lv 2 or 3. plus it is negate one thing a turn, play a fissure and then attack direct.
Also about your rant on the ban list Pot of greed is banned because you are trading one card (pot of greed) for two. If you want me to evaluate other cards I will. for them to be banned either an otk was found using them or they are not an equal trade

Oh and I think dan said this but I can't remember, All three monsters must be on the field in order to tribute them to summon gate guardian from your hand. (In other words that card is filled with sucktitude)
neviscus

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room