So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Video Games

Re: So today i summoned Gayte Guardian!

Postby Callonia » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:04 am

The day when I got the Dark Magician Girl, I jumped in joy. Truth.
Callonia

Postby silver7 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:50 pm

I've stop playing Yu-Gi-Oh! recently, mostly because at my local tornaments everyone wants to win. It's either Gladiator Beasts or Lightsworns or Blackwings or whatever else was there. I was the only one who used Junk Warrior or Endymion. I still thinks it's a great game, it just devolved into where games are shorter than the ones on Urban Rivals.

IMO, the only reason it's a balanced game is that most everything is equally broken. And if it isn't broken then it's not good.
Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life. - Dalai Lama

If you think about it, there are ALOT of female cards in Alteil that like other females, you know it's true... o.o
silver7

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:59 pm

I've stop playing Yu-Gi-Oh! recently, mostly because at my local tornaments everyone wants to win.

Damn those fools wanting to win.

I can't remember a game that didn't have winning or being better than the others as a goal. Just games that had different ending, but still required you to win.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Otonashi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:34 am

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 'meta' decks in Yugioh being akin to our own Primclone. Because they don't cycle out old cards, in order to make new ones worth purchasing there has to be a serious power creep. To the point where, if you don't buy into the new meta, you don't get to win (unless of course you're playing against other people that don't buy into the meta). This is even starting to become evident in Alteil :P
Otonashi

Postby neviscus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:38 am

thats true, for a while there was monarch and cyber stein otk. Then dark armed dragon came out, or you could do crystal beast. now its lightsworm + judgement dragon.

it is possible to have an effective deck while not playing the meta though, I have played an alien deck since it came out and now it is pretty good. It helps to go against the big files, but then again at my tourney we all play average decks so it is still fun
neviscus

Postby luckysvn777 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Heh, I had such a fun Monarch deck back in the day. Good times, good times..

You kids and your Gladiator Beasts and your Aliens and your Stardust Dragon and your Tuners and your LightSworn and your Crystal Beasts and your Judgement Dragon and your... *continues rant in YGO-Abridged like fashion*
luckysvn777

Previous

Return to Catherina's Play Room