D&D online

Video Games

D&D online

Postby Kamerynn » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:03 pm

At least once per day, someone in general chat writes something like: "I can't believe this game is free."

Based on 3.5 Ed, DDO is a decent, instance based MMO. Everything is a dungeon; all exp comes from quests/finishing dungeons (one cannot simply grind mobs for exp). Because it's instance based, there is no PKing and no griefing. PvP isn't all it's cracked up to be - this game is, in my opinion, mostly a PvE MMO. One can solo the dungeons (although this is tough with a wizard/sorcerer), although getting a balanced party makes playing through them on the "elite" difficulty setting go much more smoothly

A free player can get to the same max. level as a paying player (level 20). Everything is available to one who simply wishes to grind, although buying all of the adventure packs simply by grinding would probably take a couple years.

If you like MMOs and you play (or have played/liked) D&D, I suggest you check it out. ;th2
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Kamerynn

Re: D&D online

Postby Grain » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:31 pm

I'd rather play D&D in person, or at least on a forum with a real dungeon master instead of computer simulated maps. However, I probably won't get the experience of playing D&D with people my age 90% of the time, so, maybe an anonymous medium would be better.

I will download the game. Are there any recommendation that you'd like to give me, such as which server to play on?
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:10 am

Is there a larger character variety to pick from?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby ZeroX1999 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 pm

What is the website address? I want to see if it is good.
ZeroX1999

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:10 am

ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Return to Catherina's Play Room