Video Games

Final Fantasy XIII

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Will be on the Xbox 360.

Discuss!
Grain

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:37 pm

I was an avid final fantasy fan from 4 (2 in the US) through 10. I collected anything and everything final fantasy regardless of what system it was on and dreamed of riding my own chocobo till I could afford my own air ship. Then X-2 came, and while it wasn't bad, it was the first one that never really drew me in. Then 11 came, was an MMORPG, and though I hated MMORPGs I still went through the days worth of downloads and installs to get it running on my computer only to find out what I expected, it played like a MMORPG and thus I didn't like it. Since then I've lost all respect for the franchise and haven't purchased anything final fantasy related including XII which I've heard got mixed reviews (the main thing that really kept me from getting interested was I heard its battle system played more like a MMORPGs battle system).

Long story short, really don't care about FF XIII much if t all. The fact its going to be on x-box just means the circle is now complete, they've been on nintendo, sony, and microsoft. With PS3's awful sales figures its not at all surprising to me, Squaresoft has always been a front runner, they back whoevers doing best and offers them the most money. I don't even know how well X-box is doing, just that PS3 is doing bad and lots of companies are jumping ship (Recently Monster Hunter, a very popular and long time sony exclusive series canceled their plans to release the newest game on the PS3 and is moving it to the Wii instead of all things).

I still only own a wii but I will admit news like this just further leans me toward getting an x-box 360 over getting a PS3 whenever I do get one of the top of the line machines (which I will have to eventually to get Soul Calibur 4 and Street Fighter 4).
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:08 pm

I knew it, I knew it, I just knew that omega-price Sony gave the PS3 would be its demise.
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:16 pm

I think part of the issue is that many people are still perfectly happy with the power the PS2 has, for all the money a PS3 costs the quality of games really doesn't seem significantly better then those on the PS2. I don't see Sony dying like Sega did though as they are still bringing in huge sales for the PS2, the dreamcast had nothing to fall back on due to the death of the sega saturn. But for the most part, many people didn't upgrade at all, the only current gen system thats really sold well last I heard is the wii and thats just because of how different it is, not because of better processor power. If the x-box 360 truly is doing better then the PS3 it probably is just because as you said, cheaper price tag so for people who can't decide which system to go with their often just choosing the cheaper of the two.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby GunCastor » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:57 pm

The Xbox360 looks even better in my eyes now and I wanted to pick up Tales of Vesparia as well. I really can't spend half a grand on a gaming system but a friend of mine saw a 360 used for $220. That's a heck of a price difference. I'm one of the people that didn't upgrade and still play my PS2, the PS3 is way too expensive for me and doesn't even have too many games I want on it.

Anyways, I think I'll wait a while longer before deciding to get this game (as well as the 360). I didn't like FF12 at all but I liked 6, 7, 10, and the tactics series. It does look very pretty and sparkly though, that I can't deny.
GunCastor

Postby Kyrie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm

I hope 13 is more similar to FF 1-9 in terms of mechanics, without any odd level up systems or sparkly and unnecessary new features.
Kyrie

Postby lupos » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Not an FF fan but I must say I do love my 360. And for reference sake it was like the fastest selling console until the Wii came out and smashed all the records. The ps3 hasn't actually sold poorly but compared to the 360 and especially the Wii it seems rather slow.

And, in case you missed the other thread, I do own a wii and ps3 as well. But my wii, like most peoples, gets very little use these days and my ps3 is almost exclusively a blu-ray player.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Sarkath » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:51 am

The development cost for PS3 is notoriously high compared to the other consoles, from what I've heard. I am glad to hear that Squareenix or whatever they are called as a company, decided to put it on the 360 as well. More money for them, but more games for us 360 users. :mrgreen:

While FFXII wasn't that great mostly due to the execution of the story which was, you went through but not for what reason, and it was very loose. Made the story not really compelling to play through, and these strong neutral enemies that gets hit by enemies spells, due to their radius so they will turn on you and cause a... game over. Reload, yay.'

The boss battles, they were nice. Challenging, but had a very similar strategy to take out most of them.

They can still do good games, but I have to say that Squarenix has done worse Final Fantasy games after FF10-2 (the game had a really nice battle system, loved it. Although not the story)

I hope they have learned from that, and will hopefully make a great rpg game.
Sarkath out. :ugeek:
Sarkath

Postby TsunaYoshi » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 am

With PS3's awful sales figures its not at all surprising to me, Squaresoft has always been a front runner, they back whoevers doing best and offers them the most money.

i think you wrong, because now X-box will die, because of HD-DVD format of X-Box has lose to blue ray ;attack , now blue ray is more preferable format( from size of CD and quality of picture) and PS3 is using its. and now Blue ray sales is above HD-DVD and soon all CD format will be soon using blue ray (take from CHIP Magazine) ;a30 .
Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto - Arena.com
TsunaYoshi

Postby LegendsEnd » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:34 pm

Though FF XIII Versus is still PS3 exclusive so it still has a few things going for it. I'm looking forward to Disgaea 3 in August, hopefully Persona 5 comes to PS3. Valkyria Chronicles and White Knight Story both seem promising as well. Though FFXIII going to 360 probably lost Sony a few PS3 sales.
LegendsEnd

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room