Final Fantasy XIII

Video Games

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby LegendsEnd » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:56 am

There's 3 FFXIII's. One for PSP (Agito), one for 360/PS3 FFXIII, and one for PS3 only (Versus). The 360/PS3 one is exclusive to PS3 in Japan. That's the current situation, could change but I'm sure Sony's paying good money to make sure it doesn't lol.
LegendsEnd

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:33 am

Yeah I don't know the specifics but it seems Sony is paying square-enix everything they've got and then some to try to keep the 360 version out of japan (it will still be released in North America and Europe). Why is the usually obnoxiously over confident Sony finally starting to care about what the 360 does and doesn't get? I'm guessing it has to due with the recent release of Tales of Vesparia for the 360. Although the x-box systems have traditionally sold terribly in Japan alowing Sony to ignore them as a competitor, the x-box 360 exclusive release of Tales of Vesparia actually caused the x-box 360 to sell out in Japan. For the first time Japanese players are ignoring the fact that microsoft is an american based company and sony is a japan based company and their buying based on killer apps instead of on supporting the company based in their home country over the one based over seas.

This creates and interesting situation as it may be one of the first times Japanese players (at least the ones who recently got x-boxes) import US games, as opposed to us importing their games.

Oh and for the record, according to square-enix, all 3 games take place in the same universe, but are in no way connected by story.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Previous

Return to Catherina's Play Room