Final Fantasy XIII

Video Games

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby Rad!oZonde » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:21 pm

not into FF as much [fanboys ruined 7 for me]. I completely understand the direction enix took when going after the 360. PS3, in my view, only has about 4 games [MGS4, Heavy Rain, WarHawk, Little Big Planet] I would actually play on it and the extra downside to this is that only two of the four games I would play are out now. But hey its a nice blu-ray player I guess...
Enix is just looking after itself and playing the safe sell card. Think about it, if you were enix you would do it too.
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:56 pm

Ok I finally went out and got a non-wii current gen system, and indeed ps3's horrible sales and lack of killer apps has lead me to choose X-box 360, further making FFXIII being on the 360 a plus for me. I've never owned an x-box as they seem to focus too much on first person shooters (I'm not a big fan of them to begin with but if I'm going to play a FPS I always prefer a mouse to a gamepad) so its been interesting buying bargain bin x-box original games for my 360 that I missed all these years, actually only own two 360 games right now, Soul Calibur 4(main reason I finally gave in and got a current gen system) and Kameo (found in a bargain bin as well and proving to be quite fun).

The only real draw ps3 still has for me is Disgaea3, though to be honest from what I've seen the game may very well be ported to the psp (or heck maybe even DS as their releasing Disgaea1 for that soon) as it doesn't seem like its even using the ps3's power anyway. Right now I don't give a care about blu ray, its true HD-DVD folded but it wasn't so much because Blu Ray beat it as it was that people really weren't buying many movies for either player(or so was my understanding) and HD-DVD just didn't have the resources Blu Ray with its Sony backing did to maintain the money losing stare down they were locked in. Personally I'm perfectly fine with my normal DVDs and if some day I do decide to go Blu Ray I'll probably just get an actual player so PS3's being a blu ray player really isn't a big draw for me at all.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby kryss187 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:28 am

I actually spent the money and have all 3 systems. It doesn't matter to me. :) I will get the PS3 version because I don't think I can wait for the xbox version to be ported.
kryss187

Postby lunchboxx10 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:29 am

ff12 was a pretty good game and had a good story. However the very ending wasnt that good (I cant even remember the ending). There aren't a lot of fun sidequests to complete either.
lunchboxx10

Postby lunchboxx10 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:40 am

Also I don't think hd-dvd or blu-ray even matter. Blu-ray doesnt look that much better that it constitutes buying these expensive players or even buying a ps3. I bought the ps3 for the free online and the ps3 exclusive games (which seem to be moving to xbox :? ). Most people don't realize that in the end the ps3 is cheaper in the end than the xbox 360 if you decide to play online since 360 makes you pay monthly fees. Also you may have to buy the wireless adapter for another 50 dollars which the ps3 comes w/ wifi. Most people don't look into that stuff tho before they buy it
lunchboxx10

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:29 am

lunchboxx10 wrote:Also I don't think hd-dvd or blu-ray even matter. Blu-ray doesnt look that much better that it constitutes buying these expensive players or even buying a ps3. I bought the ps3 for the free online and the ps3 exclusive games (which seem to be moving to xbox :? ). Most people don't realize that in the end the ps3 is cheaper in the end than the xbox 360 if you decide to play online since 360 makes you pay monthly fees. Also you may have to buy the wireless adapter for another 50 dollars which the ps3 comes w/ wifi. Most people don't look into that stuff tho before they buy it

Your correct that the pay to play online structure of xbox 360 is a hidden extra fee (as is its lack of a wifi adapter, seriously what the heck was up with that? Even my wii, DS, PSP, or the cheapest new notebook computer you can buy these days comes with that built in). That said, every console wars to date has been decided in the end not by specs or even price, but by killer apps. If PS3 starts piling on some must own console exclusives, its going to do well (seriously theres no other explanation for how the game cube did as well as it did). If they continue to lose their exclusives to Xbox360 and Wii, their done for.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby lunchboxx10 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:30 am

i read in game informer that only 1 person at E3 had their original xbox 360 still. :| Meaning they keep breaking or messing up so they have to send them in and get a new one or something. My roomate has had to send in 2 of them.
lunchboxx10

Postby Phades » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:40 pm

I am rather sad to see it on the X-box 360. I am one of the few that had more than one of those melt down on me and ended up just getting a refund after the 2nd return. Singed carpet and smoking exhaust with electrical fire smell is bad m'kay...

This alone will prevent me from picking it up, if this is the only system it will come out on.

There were quite a few that had one fail, but the 2nd one was alright though and later models runs didn't have that issue from what i know. But, I won't be getting another one anytime soon...
Sarkath wrote:The development cost for PS3 is notoriously high compared to the other consoles, from what I've heard. I am glad to hear that Squareenix or whatever they are called as a company, decided to put it on the 360 as well. More money for them, but more games for us 360 users. :mrgreen:

With the exception of the online version and older versions of the game (pre 6), SE has only really released titles specifically for one platform at a time. Crisis core being on the PSP, most of the "normal" final fantasies on the PS, while the "Crystal" series and chocobo dungeon (mostly kiddy themed) have been on the nintendo products, with the exception of the ogre battle system styled under final fantasy migrating from the PS to the nintendo products.

I havent really looked into this in ages, but i really do hope they break the trend of this, since I was looking forward to the title.
Phades

Postby Skyress » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:17 pm

yes ps3 isnt doing that good but it did get a boost with the release of mgs4 but there arent that many good games after that. Wii on the other hand is doing really well but in my view ppl will stop using them after a while because most games on the wii are for kids (sonic, mario, ect.) and ppl will look for more intense games like mgs4 or gta4. although some ppl will find enjoyment in these games, most ppl will move on. On the subject of FF XIII, i am looking forward to agito ( psp version) as i hear that the story changes a bit as ur some kind of school student or something of that manner. i dont know much about it though but i think u will still get to fight and progress through the story as the other ones.
Skyress

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:51 am

Skyress wrote:yes ps3 isnt doing that good but it did get a boost with the release of mgs4 but there arent that many good games after that. Wii on the other hand is doing really well but in my view ppl will stop using them after a while because most games on the wii are for kids (sonic, mario, ect.) and ppl will look for more intense games like mgs4 or gta4. although some ppl will find enjoyment in these games, most ppl will move on. On the subject of FF XIII, i am looking forward to agito ( psp version) as i hear that the story changes a bit as ur some kind of school student or something of that manner. i dont know much about it though but i think u will still get to fight and progress through the story as the other ones.

I was under the impression that 2 of the versions of FFXIII would only be released in japan, even though they were all intertwined within the same plotline.
Phades

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room