What's a metal slime?

Video Games

What's a metal slime?

Postby aznprince25 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 pm

So I searched about it online and it's like this random game boss. But how does metal slime apply in alteil? I began wondering about this after seeing this post:

Written by Edgar Figaro
Monday, 23 November 2009 13:39
Krelian: What may be an eternity to man is a moment for god. I have no need for hesitation.

This Mondays' Rankings is dedicated to Xenogears. Both the game and the guild. Xenogears (the guild) has no need to wait to level. Let's congratulation them for moving up in the Alteil Guild World.

This is great having a community large in size and rich in video game lore. Give it up to Iczers who forge their guild in the words and letters of game legends. Who dig deep into a forty hour quest to pull the ultimate name to call their band of scrappy duelers. Keep the flames of Alteil alive with your dedication and love of all things video games.

As always, anyone who fought a metal slime AND fought in the arena at least once this week will receive 10 gran. Listed below are your top 5 ranked Iczers, top 3 guilds, guilds that have become official, and guilds that have leveled.

Also, anyone who has qualified for the NPC contest, your prizes are in the account already.
aznprince25

Re: What's a metal slime?

Postby Otonashi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:24 pm

They just like to include a little bit of randomness in their rankings. :P
Otonashi

Postby DWildstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Yes, that's just edgar being silly. A Metal Slime is from Dragon Quest. Metal slimes are notorious for having extremely high defense and also giving lots of experience points. Problem being that they tend to run away before you kill them.

Not really Alteil related so moving this to Catherina's Play Room.
DWildstar

Postby Ginnazoh » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:31 am

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE...edgar made me dig out my zelda 2nd quest game...
Ginnazoh

Postby edgarfigaro » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Yes yes. Now that is what I'm talking about. A Link to the Past was great too, but it was too easy. The puzzles, while inventive, were a tad on the easy side. And the difficulty was kind of on the Sweegy Woods* side.

*Sweegy Woods is one of the first random encounter areas in Final Fantasy Tactics. Quite an easy battle.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby Ginnazoh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:34 am

a link to the past become more of a 3 heart speed run challenge game, where as zelda first and 2nd quest has become no sword challenge games.

I dont think i've played either of those 3 games getting 100% completion in a long long time.

Final Fantasy Tactics is a fun game, but the entire game is on the easy side, or can be if you set up ur party accordingly. 2 or 3 calculators and the entire game becomes a walk in the park.

The zelda that gave me the most trouble recently was the master quest version of Ocarina of Time.
Ginnazoh

Postby neviscus » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:36 am

alomost off topic, they aren't as bad as liquid metal slime, or mettable
neviscus

Postby edgarfigaro » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Were those in Dragon Warrior III?
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby Xovian » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:Were those in Dragon Warrior III?

Yes, as well as the first and second Dragon Warrior.
I remember very well where i use to hunt them in the first, but you'd only kill maybe 1 in 5 before they ran away.
The second one was a bit harder, had a smaller area but you could fight more then one at a time.
In the third you could also get the King Slime, I never saw metal slimes form a King Slime, so i cant say for sure on that.

Damn i feel old now....
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby neviscus » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 am

well mettable was in dragon warrior monsters... anyway I don't believe I have ever had metal slimes become a metal king on me.

@xovian don't feel old, feel accomplished that you know what we are talking about, besides I know and I am not even 20 yet
neviscus

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room