lawl, Pangya MMOgolf cash shop snafu

Video Games

lawl, Pangya MMOgolf cash shop snafu

Postby Multi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:04 pm

So I play this little mmogolf game, and there's some funny stuff that happened recently. This thread talks about it.

http://forum.ntreev.net/pangya/forums/t ... ageIndex=1

The latest gaff is a new cash shop item which increases the zone for hitting a "perfect shot" by 1 pixel. This is normally a cash item that's available for a limited time that you must get through a lotto system. Could could compare this to getting a 4-5* in a pack probably, since you're basically guaranteed at least one of these rares in the lotto for every $20 or so you spend, but only for a week or two. Anyways, this item is being offered, with no prior notice, for 1 day only, never again to be offered, for the bargain price of $69 dollars. No lie. This is after they had a "black friday sale" of a 12 hour only special costume set for $20, which is actually $5-10 more than the usual cash shop item sets. There was also a double bonus scratchy card (basically coupons to use for a 2nd cash item lotto, yes there are 2 different cash lottos and one in game money lotto), and rarity up event they held after the 12 hour sale and before the 24 hour sale where people spent all their money. The GM did say most of this was up to the korean developers though, although strangely the korean server has their guilds, their shops, and don't sell lotto rares in the shops. Korea has even recently implemented a rental system, where you can rent equipment and costumes for 7 days using in game money. (Which would be an interesting use of FM for alteil, I think I'll make a post about it later.)

Technically speaking, you can do almost as well as a paying player, as a free player. Most of this cash stuff is mostly cosmetic, except for most of the clubs. It is kinda interesting to look at other f2p games and compare them to alteil though. A $69 item on alteil would be something like, if point cards were 100gran each and you bought a 5* with gran cards. I kinda wonder how well that'd do here though, considering tcg's are generally kinda expensive I hear anyways, it might actually fly. All things considered, maybe alteil's not really that expensive afterall :V
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Re: lawl, Pangya MMOgolf cash shop snafu

Postby luckysvn777 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:10 pm

All things considered, maybe alteil's not really that expensive afterall

Compared to most TCG's and other things i've seen, Alteil is actually not that bad..

People just expect everything to be handed to them for nothing really.

My only qualms are how hard it is to get playsets and perhaps the problem of 3* being too hard to get playsets of for their rarity.

More on-topic... I've actually noticed the ads for that game here and there and have been slightly tempted to try it. Perhaps i shall now.
luckysvn777

Re: lawl, Pangya MMOgolf cash shop snafu

Postby Multi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:07 pm

luckysvn777 wrote:
All things considered, maybe alteil's not really that expensive afterall

Compared to most TCG's and other things i've seen, Alteil is actually not that bad..

People just expect everything to be handed to them for nothing really.

My only qualms are how hard it is to get playsets and perhaps the problem of 3* being too hard to get playsets of for their rarity.

More on-topic... I've actually noticed the ads for that game here and there and have been slightly tempted to try it. Perhaps i shall now.

It's the getting playsets of 3*'s, which I would consider only mid rarity, that makes it expensive though, don't you think? Not that I personally feel strongly about it since I have never bought a box, or even a box's worth of packs, but I know some people were upset over 3* sets, since they got almost as many 4* sets as well. Considering how many more 3*'s there are to complete. I haven't played any other online TCG's so I wouldn't know about their costs. It seems like the past year or two, it's been pretty popular to introduce lotto cash shops into US f2p mmo's. I'm surprised at how well they do, considering I only thought asia would fly with the whole gachapon stuff.

If you play pangya, tell me, i could use some more buddies to play with, you could too, considering over half the server is BR, unless you speak portuguese, it might be kinda unsociable. Don't play with anyone with a black player icon either, it means they quit a lot, and you're the one who gets penalized xpgainwise for their quitting. There's also the fact that they disabled shops and guilds too, so in game money is largely useless once you've gotten the clothings that are purchasable with in game money. You won't get to look as cool, but i played on the jp pangya server for free, and had a better record there than I did on the US server after getting cash points. Skill makes up the majority of the result, once you've gotten your equipment. Do the tutorials and you get some good stuff too to get you started.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Return to Catherina's Play Room