Thanks for the names Alteil!

Video Games

Thanks for the names Alteil!

Postby mghost » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 am

I just wanted to thank Alteil for these great names. One of the hardest things when it comes to creating a new MMO character is thinking of the name. Saved me alot of time.

I tried creating the characters to resemble the card itself (except Rasam). I think Kurina came out the best.

Thanks alot again~!

~mghost
mghost

Re: Thanks for the names Alteil!

Postby Grain » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:30 pm

I play that game on Meslamtaeda, Elyos. Name is Potuisse.
Grain

Postby Romdeau » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:18 pm

So, what game is this?
Romdeau

Postby Grain » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:20 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aion_%28computer_game%29

It's not you're average Korean MMORPG. It's not free and it doesn't suck, and you can actually move with your keyboard if you want to. You aren't forced with that god-awful click-to-move joke.
Grain

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:00 am

There are quite many others where you can move with your keyboard and i see nothing special about moving with your keyboard and turning camera around how you want with your mouse ... all new RPGs seem to can do that.

Free to play (like also alteil is) or pay once then play always for free are better concepts than forced monthly fee for absolutely all, so i will stick to those.

In aion you level really slow compared to other games, that is a let down. Around level 30+ you will start to feel a bit too uncomfortable with the xp gain.

The graphics are really nice and all (they changed the lighting sometime ago, so everything glows more nicely), but personally i don't like how the characters look. Damn fugly. Monsters do look better.

The characters will perform all sorts of flashy and interesting moves and i think they're also voiced (can't remember for sure). They have underwater maps and you can also add wings on your char so it can fly. Mu online had this in 2D and with a really crappy way to display it, but back then it looked really awsome, anyways that concept ain't that new.
In Aion you can also build houses and add furniters and a shimney and it basically helps you to stop feeling like you have no life if you play the game for too long. :lol:

The game is not worth the time nor the money imo. If you just want to check it out fine, but it seems quite too childish to me at times.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Grain » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:24 am

Peralisc2 wrote:Free to play (like also alteil is) or pay once then play always for free are better concepts than forced monthly fee for absolutely all, so i will stick to those.

Paying nothing and receiving 1% of the total game is not my idea of fun. In Alteil, $50 will get you nothing but a few boxes, and you certainly won't get all of the cards that you want. As the number of cards grows, the value of gran becomes less and less for new players, plunged into a community in which people have literally spent thousands of dollars on this free game, and are still to this day not satisfied. It is akin to a carrot on a stick.

In games like World of Warcraft and Aion, you pay a monthly fee of $15 (much less than what the top tier Iczers have paid) and effectively acquire the entire game, and a world to explore! You are given just as many opportunities, and just as much power as everyone else.

My cousin recently switched to Aion from Mabinogi after I convinced him that paying $15 dollars for the whole package is better than paying $60 a month (when I asked him how much is would cost to buy everything available in Mabinogi in one month, that was his answer) for a slice of carrot. If you're rich enough to actually go for the carrot, it'll just be replaced when you're halfway through. From then on, you buy the next set of cards, or the newest items, again and again and again, every few months.

Games like Alteil are happily imbalanced by the dollar. More money means more cards, and more cards means more wins. Sure, a crafty person may be able to get by with 1700 RP with starter cards, but it doesn't compare to Shrine Knights. It doesn't live up to Legyre or PrimClone. What's the point in playing a free game if it gives the free-player no flexibility with new cards and no chance to defend itself against the big spenders? In subscription-based MMORPG's, people are banned for using money to give themselves an unfair advantage.

I fail to see why anyone would play Alteil for free as a hobby. There are countless other things that they could do for free that give them more respect.
Last edited by Grain on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Postby Ahina » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:48 am

Somebody already took Kurina on Ragnarok Online, I was gonna make her a Dancer. >_> There's also a "Zagar" on the iRO forums, with an avatar that looks like Zagar in front of a wall of flames, but the avatar's name implies that it's .hack, so dunno.

mghost's character select looks like the beginnings of a harem. :P
Ahina

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 am

I didn't mean to say alteil is better at giving enough content when you give them little $. But overall when i compare a monthly cost and the F2P, it's just that some people can do more with less, not in alteil since it lacks trading and also lacks in the grinding category, so you can't come close to getting most content with just a bit of invesment and a bit more thinking.

In a bad F2P systems like alteil you think you pay less and to get a serious amount of content, you end up paying same as in a game with monthly fee, or some unlucky fellows end up paying 10 or 20 times more.

An F2P game that allows trading and has an at least decent grinding system, gives you much more than a game with monthly fee or at least gives you the same. Again, alteil isn't in that category.

Really it's not that i don't want to play Aion mainly because of a monthly fee. It's because of the slow level progress. Oh alteil also sucks at level progress once you cross the 100 mark.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:56 am

It's analysis like Grain's that always make me wonder what I'm doing here exactly. As the game has progressed, it does seem to keep leaning towards the payer's side progressively with little help for the free players.
Romdeau

Postby Phenoca » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:37 am

Oh you silly.
I thought it was going to be SoTNW, but there were five chars instead of three, so ... Guess you only control one at a time?
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room