Thanks for the names Alteil!

Video Games

Re: Thanks for the names Alteil!

Postby Eladin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:39 am

if this is the same game i played a bit of when it first came out...or was in testing, then they must've changed a lot for people to be impressed with it...
still, yeah, it's always helpful having names to just be able to quick reference for characters in games. :)
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby animefreak99 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 am

Romdeau wrote:So, what game is this?

Aion online...
animefreak99

Postby Artist » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

I named my char in dragon age after Afel lol.
Artist

Postby Callonia » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 am

I have kind of alot of experience in mmorpgs XP

I've played Ragnarok Online, World of Warcraft, Galaxy Online, Warhammer Online, Alteil.

Only two out of those five is pay to play. World of Warcraft and Warhammer Online.

For WoW, technically you do have all the content available to you when you pay the subscription, now the rest is up to your skills.
You'll need to join a large guild for raiding instances etc etc but I'm not gonna go into all the details.

Lets just say nubs won't survive if they constantly blow up the raid, they will get a gkick XD

For mmorpgs, time investment = power is typical. Coz that's progression.

I used to be a hardcore raider in WoW, I had epic lulz plowing through hordes at lvl 60 wearing scrub gear intended for lvl 40s and below XD while i was wearing the bestest gear in the game. They literally was doing 1-100 dmg to me per hit. it just tickled my toon.

Alas, university prevents me from playing wow constantly as I would so i retired. And moved to games like Alteil XD
Callonia

Postby Eladin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:33 am

I've played a few too...like i have MMORPGADD or something...Flyff, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online (Stygian Desolator mutha effah!), Navy Field, Ragnarok Online, Supreme Destiny, Final Fantasy XI, City of Heroes/Villains, Puzzle Pirates, Kal Online, Silk Road, Project Entropia, Rappelz, Shot Online, Shin Megami Tensei, Saiya, Cabal, Space Cowboy Online...and some that I can't remember the names to.

so far, with the exception of WoW, FlyFF, AO, and possibly...one of the random other ones I've tried. I've probably stayed with Alteil longer (and yeah, I haven't been here long)

i can't remember if there was a point to any of that...wasn't this thread about names?
oh! i remember, so i was watching The Guild (funny stuff) and suddenly contemplated plunging back into standard mmo's, and i remember one of the biggest things about that (which i liked) was character creation, like in WoW, i would create characters after as many of the hero (or whatever) cards that existed in their tcg. and i think i've certainly found a new set of characters to draw from for the creation process as well thanks to Alteil. :)
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Previous

Return to Catherina's Play Room