I has a PS3

Video Games

I has a PS3

Postby Otonashi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:13 pm

I bought one with some saved money and some christmas money. I got Batman: Arkham Asylum and Infamous bundled with it, which I'm not sure if they're good games but hey they were free so why not. (I couldn't find any better deals locally lol)

Anyways... I bought Little Big Planet along with it ($35 at superstore!), and I plan to also buy Disgaea 3 and Demon's Souls too. I want to wait until Demon's Souls goes down in price a little, but I already have Disgaea 3 being shipped to me from Amazon.ca.

Does anybody else know of any great games? I'm for sure going to buy the two above, but I also want to try out Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore (friends recommendation), and Blazblue. Also, if I can find people to play Little Big Planet with once I get hooked up to the internet, that would be nice. :D I'm not sure if I could handle shooters on the PS3 because when it comes to them I'm a mouse and keyboard kind of person, so a controller would just mess me up. And TF2 seems like the only FPS I'll ever need, but if there's other really FANTASTIC ones that I just HAVE TO get, I can give them a try.
Last edited by Otonashi on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otonashi

Re: I has a PS3

Postby Xovian » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:17 pm

Metal Gear Solid 4.
If you don't have it, and you've ever remotely enjoyed the series with previous consoles, it's well worth getting.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Postby DWildstar » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:30 pm

I can also vouch for MGS4, it's a really great game. I've played only the MGS2 and MGS3 games but MGS4 is a lot better and it's also dirt cheap right now. Batman and Infamous are on my wishlist. I also beat Uncharted 2 recently and that's also an EXCELLENT game which also has fun multiplayer too.
DWildstar

Postby luckysvn777 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Just got Assasssin's Creed 2 and holy crap its awesome.

That's a great bundle by the way, I heard those two games are excellent. If i actually had more time with my PS3 (i keep it home for my bro while i'm off at college, so i only get breaks) I would've bought them.
luckysvn777

Postby Ginnazoh » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:02 pm

I'd recommend checking out Sirens:Blood Curse if you like horror survival games. The ps3 is a remake of the first Siren game for the ps2, and I've heard its been simplified and made easier a lot (game play and plot). I have only played the ps2 one but I've heard from friends that the ps3 one is good. The original ps2 game was developed by lots of former members of team Silent (people who created the first 2 Silent Hills) so if you liked Silent Hill, this game should be your cup of tea.

I guess picking up FF13 when it comes out is a given if you like RPGs, and Valkyria Chronicles is loads of fun...MGS4 is also great if you like that style of game (which I do xD)
Ginnazoh

Postby Otonashi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:11 am

I've been playing Little Big Planet tons since I got it :P I might look into MGS4, seeing I played 1 and 2 (And some of 3, got maybe an hour into it).

A friend also showed me this other game called Fat Princess, you can buy it for $15 from the Playstation Store. It's kind of like an RTS, except each individual unit is controlled by one person. That said, the games can get up to like 30-40 people at once, and it's usually pretty chaos unless the players have some way of easy communication (mics and such?). I only tried the demo so far, but I'm thinking about getting the full version too.
Otonashi

Postby DWildstar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:16 am

MGS3 is definitely worth playing through, it's much better than MGS2 and has a better story. The cool thing about MGS4 is that somehow it ties up the other MGS stories very nicely. With how convoluted the story can get I thought that was quite a feat. After playing through MGS4 it made me want to play the other games again, but it might be difficult considering all the game improvements they made in MGS4 like the 3D camera and stuff.
DWildstar

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:47 pm

FFXIII. Get it.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Demongod wrote:FFXIII. Get it.

Heard a lot of bad reviews about this game, I'm not so sure.
Romdeau

Postby Gota » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:22 pm

RE5
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room