I has a PS3

Video Games

Re: I has a PS3

Postby Otonashi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Romdeau wrote:
Demongod wrote:FFXIII. Get it.

Heard a lot of bad reviews about this game, I'm not so sure.

I might give it a look. From what little I've read about it, it seems most people give it a bad review just because it's different than the other Final Fantasy games. They go in expecting FFVII clone, and of course that expectation isn't met (Or so I'm assuming). I wish they had a demo to download though (Maybe it'll come in a month or two).
Otonashi

Postby Ginnazoh » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:47 am

Bayonetta...this game looks wicked. Its from the director of Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe series.

I tried out the demo for ps3 and I loved it. Definitely something I'm looking forward to...

I probably wouldn't recommend this for anyone whos not a fan of a darker..more gory..and slightly sadistic game..so I would say if you liked Devil May Cry, you probably would like this too. If you found DMC a bit too extreme, then you'll probably find this to be too extreme as well, as I think this game is more extreme than DMC.
Ginnazoh

Postby Artist » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:02 pm

Ginnazoh wrote:Bayonetta...this game looks wicked. Its from the director of Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe series.

I tried out the demo for ps3 and I loved it. Definitely something I'm looking forward to...

I probably wouldn't recommend this for anyone whos not a fan of a darker..more gory..and slightly sadistic game..so I would say if you liked Devil May Cry, you probably would like this too. If you found DMC a bit too extreme, then you'll probably find this to be too extreme as well, as I think this game is more extreme than DMC.

Bayonetta is like a combo of god of war and castlevania, in terms of gameplay and environment. Middle age instead of archaic greece.

MGS4 (and play 1-3 too if you haven't done so already), Uncharted 2, which is supposed to be the best graphics in all videogame history right now (I beg to differ but w/e it's alright), and make sure you get god of war 3 once it comes out (and play god of war 1-2 beforehand too.)

You can always get GTA4 too just for kicks, it looks pretty amazing actually, but the gameplay is just the same old.
Artist

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:26 am

I'm buying FFXIII regardless of the bad reviews, I'm still giving it a look. I won't know whether it sucks or not until i played it.
Callonia

Postby Multi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:38 am

FFXIII is supposedly absurdedly linear. There are no branching paths, even on the maps and dungeons. you just press forward the entire game, and apparently this isn't even an exageration. I think it'll still be a cool game, but might want to rethink spending 60 dollars on it and just go in for the rental.

Kinda like what I'd suggest with heavy rain, which is supposedly very good as well.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby edgarfigaro » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:53 am

Pixeljunk Monsters! It's the best $20 bucks I ever spent on a game. I got the PSP download, the PS3 is really good to and I think it's only $10 on the PSN network.

It's Tower Defense through and through by the graphics and soundtrack are quite charming. Good art direction. As for big budget, play Batman right away. GTA 4 is worth playing, great story and good accurate depiction of New York. It's almost like you don't have to visit. You feel like you're there.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby Multi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Get super puzzle fighter, it's on sale :V
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Otonashi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Yeah, I was playing Batman over the last few weeks or so. Great game, even if the combat was a little easy sometimes. (But the predator levels were pretty challenging at times; at least, until the first few mooks went down)

FFXIII I've been looking at, but I dunno if I'm gonna preorder it just yet. I might just wait until launch, read some reviews, then decide. And Heavy Rain is one of those ones that looks great, but I can't see having much replay value.

It's kind of odd, but even though I have a PS3 now I still see a few PS2 games I want to play. Glad I didn't sell the old PS2 (Shame I couldn't get a reverse compatible PS3 though).
Otonashi

Postby methebest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:28 pm

uncharted 2 is a really good game this is coming from someone who hates ps3's.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby ZeroX1999 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 am

Heavy Rain is an awesome game of +5. The choices that you make really impacts the story and it is pretty nice to see main characters die in stupid ways because you fudged up.
ZeroX1999

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room