Other Browser Games

Video Games

Other Browser Games

Postby Logress » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:06 pm

I was thinking about our Data Center, where the prices go UP over time (isn't there some rule about bandwith and such getting cheaper?), but an all Flash multiplayer game with no downloads can be a little finicky, and needing of knowledgeable support. So, I was thinking of getting together a list of comparable games and see if I could find out what they do on the technical end. If you can list any and all browser no download games of an equal or greater level of complexity to Alteil, it would be a big help.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Other Browser Games

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 pm

Not sure if they are flash or java but:

my little bro is always playing his Cafe World game
Dofus was Flash but is now Java i think. If you want complexity in a browser, this is is pretty on par with 3D MMORPGs.
ANIMEniac

Postby Grain » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:01 pm

OMGPOP

I've actually made a thread about OMGPOP before, which is currently collecting dust. It's become even more complex since then; it has a couple of 3D games now (Hover Kart Racing and Hover Kart Battle).
Grain

Postby Logress » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 pm

You're right seems like some of those are pretty intensive. Does it have a lot of users? What about the Whirld games, anyone know anything about them?
Logress

Postby Grain » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Logress wrote:You're right seems like some of those are pretty intensive. Does it have a lot of users?

They've been able to get professional music for Hit Machine and they are currently conducting a special offer in tandem with GameFly.com. Plus, it was in TIME magazine. I'm betting that it has a healthy amount of users.
Grain

Postby lupos » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:05 pm

Yea, Time magazines top 50 sites of 2009 is pretty big. Amazing what marketing can do. That hover kart game is terrible. Can't even rip off Mario Kart properly.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Ahina » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Didja guys already look at the big Facebook ones? (Like Mafia Wars, Farm World, Dragon Age, Battle Stations, etc)
Ahina

Postby Grain » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:46 pm

lupos wrote:Yea, Time magazines top 50 sites of 2009 is pretty big. Amazing what marketing can do. That hover kart game is terrible. Can't even rip off Mario Kart properly.

They had a game that was virtually identical to Tetris, and recently had to take it down because of a lawsuit or something.
Grain

Postby Logress » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 am

Those are all "timer" games, right? I haven't really been comparing them because I don't think they really have the same challenges from a technical point of view. The only impressive thing about those games is the sheer number of users, which is actually not the biggest deal for a variety of reasons.
Logress

Postby Grain » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Logress wrote:Those are all "timer" games, right? I haven't really been comparing them because I don't think they really have the same challenges from a technical point of view. The only impressive thing about those games is the sheer number of users, which is actually not the biggest deal for a variety of reasons.

No, they aren't all "timer" games.
Grain

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room