Other Browser Games

Video Games

Re: Other Browser Games

Postby Gota » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:30 am

I visit http://www.kongregate.com/ often, they always have a lot of new flash games in and out.

Duno if that helps.

I found an interesting online card game thru kongregate, and its called elements. Don't know if any of you heard of it, but its rather fun. Probably not as popular as Alteil, since I do not think I've seen an ad for it. Its a free online card game that takes donations.

www.elementsthegame.com
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Gota wrote:I found an interesting online card game thru kongregate, and its called elements. Don't know if any of you heard of it, but its rather fun. Probably not as popular as Alteil, since I do not think I've seen an ad for it. Its a free online card game that takes donations.

http://www.elementsthegame.com

http://alteil.com/forum/index.php?f=18& ... =viewtopic
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby luckysvn777 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Man, elements.. what a boring stupid waste of time that was :/
luckysvn777

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Gota is about 5 months late to the Elements party. :mrgreen:
Romdeau

Postby Demongod » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Elements is pretty mehtastic. I know Kongai has a second round of all new cards coming out sometime in the near future.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Otonashi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:46 pm

I made a script to automate Elements once. <.< That's how simplistic it was. The bosses were too complex to farm like that though.

It's an alright concept but... I think all of the different elements was too much. One element by itself didn't have a great selection of units, and trying to use 2+ meant you needed to get really lucky drawing pillars. Unless you just filled your deck with those random ones.
Otonashi

Postby Gota » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 pm

I was just thinking, thats what alteil would be like if it was 100% free and every card is easily obtainable from fm, everyone would be running around with the same rainbow deck, and everyone would be bored to death.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Phenoca » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Logress wrote:If you can list any and all browser no download games of an equal or greater level of complexity to Alteil, it would be a big help.

You're serious, aren't you.

YAHOO!

Browser-based games with comparable bandwidth per user:
Ederon
Tactics Arena
Canaan
Neverland Online
Puppet Guardian (translated)
Runescape
InstantAction.com
Visual Utopia
TheFarWilds (similar bandwidth expected)
Heroes of Gaia (translated)
FlashFlashRevolution
Chosen Space (php)
Achaea (yes!!!!!!!)
Lands of Hope
Bang! Howdy
Adventure Quest
Evony (cough... choke... dying-breath...)
Nowhere Else and Beyond
Sacred Seasons
Code of Everand
Nodiatis (similar bandwidth expected)
Shadowtale
Alteil II
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Logress » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 am

I'll go through those, I've only actually tried a few of those myself (other than the obvious). I do know how InstantAction deals with the technical limitations of browser games, they have a big "propitiatory plugin" that lives in the browser and downloads more programs into its own cache, but because of its plugin status it doesn't get cleared all the time. So basically, it's really just a downloaded application with a crafty disguise, and the hard disk space used is hidden in your internet cache files. Works though, and is pretty nice. I think Runescape is just a big Java Applet, that can access a video card, but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, doesn't help my situation, but I see a few Flash games in the list so I'll check them out.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Logress » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:28 am

...and by complexity, I didn't mean just bandwith, but overall: bandwith, graphics, code, AI's etc.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room