Video Games

Re: who want to play free dota

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:14 am

Zanador, are you European?
Romdeau

Re: who want to play free dota

Postby Zanador » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 am

Yes. Hungarian, if it matters.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Re: League of Legends

Postby Romdeau » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Alteil's staff (Japanese and US) should really take note of how well this truly free to play game is doing. You can literally unlock all the playable content in the game if you are willing to put in enough time to play. This is a high quality, evolving game that is constantly updated with changes to the balance. New content and events are happening all the time.

I understand that it's a bit harder to directly translate their model of success to Alteil, but in theory it should work something like this: new events happening regularly (think once a week), changes to cards being made at least every month (in response to player feedback and internal testing), and allowing players to unlock most of the content for free if they are willing to put in a reasonable amount of time to play every day.

It may be very late into Alteil's life to make such a drastic change, but better late than never. The game's popularity would drastically increase.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Let's not mind the cost. But let's mind the difference in how often stuff gets balanced. :P

Also want to say that i am displeased with LoL, i prefer the ordinary war3 dota custom map or heroes of newerth (although the later lags but looks cool!! XD)
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Politikas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:05 pm

After reading this thread I finaly understood, that I'm not a real gaming freak, because i didn't understand around 4/5 of it.

And I'm really happy about it. :D
Politikas

Postby Grain » Fri May 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm probably going to abandon Alteil for this game.
Grain

Postby Plexor » Sat May 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Shame it needs an install so it is unplayable in most places (work, school) except at home and at home you can play all the real good stuff( your Halo's, modern warfares, civ's or favorite MMO's) :p
Plexor

Postby Zanador » Sat May 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Hm, i reached lvl30.
Conclusion: this game is really good if you are playing with your friends. We started using voicechat too, and have quite high win% in my opinion. However, if i try to play alone, the matchmaking system takes its revenge on me, trying hard to push my rate back to 50%. So i think i'll stop playing solo completely, and stick to my friends all the time.
My favorite heroes are Ashe and Zilean, playing the role of support or second-carry.
Also, we recently came up with the combo of Jax - Soraka - Corky - Zilean, and won 2 out of 2 games without trouble even after our 5th random teammates left both matches.
Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advices to someone i should kill.
Zanador

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 15, 2010 3:36 am

Same feeling as I Zanador, I hate playing alone and basically refuse to do it anymore unless I'm that bored. Playing with friends and chatting using voice programs makes the experience so much better.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:36 pm

I have only played with friends on very few occasions. On each occasion they outclassed me and I often found my self taking a back seat. I have played heaps by myself, and have successfully lost about 60% of my games. The main reason for this is lack of team work.

If you are one of those people (like me) who doesn't normally have a large group of friends playing computer games at the same time as I am, then this might not be for you, unless you are not attached to the outcome. I must admit that the win rate is improving slightly, but really, this is a team game and should only be viewed as such.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room