Dragon Age: Origins

Video Games

Dragon Age: Origins

Postby Pancakes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 am

Has anyone played it?

It says I am 60 hours into game play and that I have explored 73% of the map and that I am 53% complete with the game :shock:

:lol:

Hugest game ever.

I'm the elven arcane warrior in black armor (front, right)

The rest you see (from left to right) :My dog, my teacher from magic university, my lesbian lover(kind of hidden), the possibly female spirit trapped inside of a male rock golem body, and then my drunken dwarven buddy.

Awesome game... raaaally

I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Postby InigoMontoya » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 am

Yup, I too love DA!
InigoMontoya

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 am

I was really enjoying it for the first couple hours I had it... then my brand new 150 (70 thanks to black friday) dollar video card I'd bought just for it decided to flake out on me (technically it was already flaking since the moment I got it, I just stopped being willing to put up with it) so I filled out the warranty and sent it in for repair/replacement. Haven't heard back on it since -_-

I COULD run the game on my old video card (my Radeon 4350), its certainly more then capable of running the game, just not as well as the card I bought on black friday, and I've got plenty of other games to keep me busy with what little free time I have these days, so I'm trying to resist the urge and just wait it out till the card comes back and I can experience it how it was meant to be experienced again.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Pancakes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm

I've already beaten it once, though I have only seen about 49% of the actual game content.

Let me tell you this, as you play, the choices you make have a huge consequence on the ending as well as which sex you choose. Also, more advice, don't say what you think people want to hear but say what needs to be said instead. I think that is one of the most awesome things about this game, you get rewarded for "keeping it real".
I can only use Bringer, BKR Jack, and returns cuz I'm a free player. It's my best shot at winning!
Pancakes

Postby Artist » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm currently playing this game too, about 65 hours into the game like you, but the completion is like 56% lol.

My team is me which is a rouge ranger/bard, morrigan which is shapeshifter/spirit healer (would've been blood mage if I could have), alistair who is templar/berserker, and lastly wynne spirit healer/arcane warrior.

Fantastic game if it wasn't for the fact that all bioware games are the same game, so I guess that takes a lot of the plot twists and new content value out completely. Still very solid game and I'm looking forward to beating it soon.
Artist

Postby Romdeau » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 pm

This looks very interesting, too bad I don't like the console platform and there's no way my computer would be able to run this-maybe I'll buy it and a console someday.
Romdeau

Postby Pancakes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:28 am

Requirements aren't that high. I think it's running on the years old Unreal technology. It's worth playing even if you turn the graphics quality down a bit. This game is one of the best I've ever played. And Mass Effect 2 is coming out on the 26th !

Mass Effect 1 was only like 20 hours long - Dragon Age: Origins this one is clearly about 100hours or more. It's a HUGE game dude. And every single bit of dialogue is voice acted. And there are hundreds of decisions to be made. And there is a ton of ways to play this game. This is a must buy game for anyone who enjoys RPGs. MUST buy.

Like in the very beginning there is this one part where these highwaymen stop you on the road and ask you for a 'donation' so they can help repair a bridge.

You're options are:
A) Give them a donation.
B) Convince them there is a loaded up wagon with lots of good cargo on it coming their way so that they don't want to waste their time 'collecting donations' from you.
C) Intimidate them by telling them you are much stronger than they are.
D) Forget about all that kill them and take all the stuff they stole for yourself.
E) Or do what I did and mock them by pretending to make a donation and then kill them and take all their stuff.

There are probably more options than that but those are the ones I have encountered as a mage which is the class that I play. Usually you can intimidate people just by telling them you're a mage! Get respect, be a mage! ;th2

And I have to say the dialogue is hilarious and well written. Like during the highwayman part the leader asks you, "Don't you see that you're outnumbered"

and one of the dialgue choices you get to respond to him is, "It's hard to be outnumbered by common thugs". That made me laugh.
Pancakes

Return to Catherina's Play Room