Fantasy Earth Zero

Video Games

Fantasy Earth Zero

Postby Multi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 am

http://fez.gamepotusa.com/

developed by squaresoft, it's a 3d action mmorpg that's heavy on kingdom wars. You actually must dodge enemy attacks yourself and kingdoms war over territories in 50v50 battles. Wars are kinda interesting since you can build structures, mine crystals and summon guardians.

It's in first open beta right now so there will be a wipe, but there is an npc that levels you up to 20 so you can test skill builds and classes.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Re: Fantasy Earth Zero

Postby Demongod » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:01 pm

WTF is this **** lulz...

Of course, since it's an MMO, that means there exists no win condition. Fail.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Not true.

Since it's an MMO condition to succesfully PK is having imba epic gear and being high level.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Ginnazoh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:55 pm

judging by the jp server for this game...there seems to be potential for this to be a fun massive all out war mmorpg...but the english version right now is quite horribad.

it feels wierd to me playing this game with a keyboard...but I happen to have a gamepad and the game is quite fun with one...BUT I have 400 ms ping to the game so its near impossible to do pvp since its so laggy.

also theres tons of bugs and very limited items right now...which is expected since its OBT ... but if ur looking for a great gaming experience...this game probably isnt it until it goes live and they add more features.
Ginnazoh

Postby DWildstar » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Demongod wrote:WTF is this **** lulz...

Of course, since it's an MMO, that means there exists no win condition. Fail.

If you don't like something then why do you feel the need to post your dislike for it? How about next time you just keep your comments to yourself?
DWildstar

Postby Callonia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Looks interesting but I think I'd wait however i stole the wallpapers for I love the art of them.
Callonia

Postby Phenoca » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:Since it's an MMO condition to succesfully PK is having imba epic gear and being high level.

Or laying a stun.
Stuns take mana, mana regens slow, and a moving char is hard to hit. Lowbies can farm crys, and mid-levels are useful for landing stuns which lets the team-DPS flow at 100% accuracy while the target remains stunned.

Bugs..?
I didn't notice any other than the crab-dude that runs-around, and a typo on one of the dialogues.

I would play this game more except that my gfx card is... Well it's an onboard gfx card, and they cannot handle the AoE skill animations even at minimal texturing. Actually, there is a computer store half a block from me. Brb
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Fantasy Earth Zero

Postby Phenoca » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 pm

I have found this game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXyeK5LFokA
Which has very innovative game mechanics.
The gameplay has a better than average skill-system.
I am told that the graphics are less advanced than in pay-to-play MMOs,
and the interface is standard for MMOs (except that you can jump high)!

Also... I find the main PvP elements to be frustrating once I become good, because less than half of players actually respond to threats... Which means that your team loses if the opposing team is organized. I am continuing to play because I have found a guild, and can now PvP in an organized fashion (web shot + ice javelin + shield bash + dps = win)!
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby ANIMEniac » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Graphics are pretty simple because this game has been around for years. It just recently got translated and published for the American market.
ANIMEniac

Postby Ginnazoh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 am

kind of curious why a second thread for this game is made when the first one is only a little bit down the screen.

either way, I find that fantasy earth zero requires, like phenoca said, an organized team for it to be fun...and I didn't find it to be an easy to learn game either (granted I'm playing on a laptop with around 13 fps and horrible lag...gg vista + wireless)
Ginnazoh

Return to Catherina's Play Room