I procrastinate... on playing video games

Video Games

I procrastinate... on playing video games

Postby Multi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Disgaea 3, MGS4, and valkyria chronicles have been sitting on my shelf for about 4 or 5 months now without being played because I'm too lazy to play them. Right now I've already put off playing FFXIII for several days after starting it up for about 15 min each session. Instead I cleaned the kitchen and made posts on here, making people believe I actually care about the arguments I make when I really just like being on the side that aggravates the other side the most :V
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Re: I procrastinate... on playing video games

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:48 pm

I suggest Trolls anonymous to treat the anomaly your suffer from. Otherwise, you appear to lead a healthy life ;th2
Romdeau

Postby Multi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm

At least while killing boredom and 'trolling', I think I at least try to make some pretty logical arguments :V Even if I don't care about the outcome, if only because what we say doesn't matter, statistics is what moves the GMs to action.
Multi

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:50 pm

You say you like being on the side that aggravates the most, yet make logical arguments. What happens if the two result in a conflict?
Romdeau

Postby Multi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:04 pm

It's usually easier to be on the side that you can make decent arguments on since the other side tends to be a whiner's defeated dog's side calling for nerfs because they can't handle it. You know how it goes.

The exception to this was when i participated a lot in primclone discussion, though i did it mostly because I felt like people who whored out primclone were in denial of how good it was, it's kinda sick but I kinda like arguing with people who i know 100% won't give in.
Multi

Postby Otonashi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 pm

I actually just picked up Valkyria Chronicles. Quite fun, but easy to make lots of silly mistakes. Like trying to attack with your sniper who is out of ammo. (Having wasted a command on him). <.< Yeah, I gotta pay more attention, maybe I shouldn't be playing it and Alteil at the same time.
Otonashi

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Just a word Multi, your aggressive attitude in arguments is a bit borderline for our community's taste.
Romdeau

Postby Multi » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:50 am

Your face is a bit borderline for our community's tastes :V

and I know, but I think it's unfair that you can say anything you want, as long as it doesn't "sound rude." It's too boring to gloss over such posts, and too troublesome to treat them kindly like a 2 year old child, they'd just get upset either way. I don't have the patience to try to illicit a decent response with a coddling method, but if bugs you that much I can just refrain from posting for a while. Not like most of our discussion is all that important to the game, most of it won't have an impact, it's just an outlet for our players' frustrations and thoughts.

Not to say that the GMs never consider anything we say, I'm sure it becomes the basis of what to investigate, especially on balancing. I do think it's amusing you said i should play more in folrart to add to my credibility, but, no offense to the GMs who do the balancing themselves, but that statement romdeau made to me kinda applies to them as well, but I dunno if you'd ever say that to them. Or maybe there'd just be a defense that they do play enough, not like I'm aware of how often the GMs play or if they play on non-gm accounts. I at least assume they observe a lot of matches. That and I know they work with the jp team on such matters.

Anyways cheers, puppies and rainbows to our alteil forum. Wouldn't want to accidentally offend anyone anymore, I'll turn over a new leaf. I may not just flat out post just to insult someone's mother, but I guess it's inappropriate to talk like a regular human being. Anymore and I'm afraid I might get banned as censorship, because of 'attitude,' because not being liked is a bad t hing. I guess I could always just adopt the peralisc2 way of responding with weird misunderstands and false accusations. This appears to be completely acceptable attitude.

Thanks for PM'ing me instead of doing as otonashi has by responding to the topic in the thread. tee hee

Anyways, yeah otonashi, i started playing valkyria chronicles a few months ago but got distracted by something else and didn't end up coming back to it. It's kinda weird that some missions can be completed in 2 or 3 turns for S rank, but the way you do them to get that ranking makes the game feel so easy. Basically you just charge in, killing the minimum amount of soldiers in your way and raise the flag.
Multi

Postby AnnaTheRed » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Multi, you made a thread about video games, why not talk about video games without GM bashing or insulting other users?
AnnaTheRed

Postby Romdeau » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:45 pm

I think it's appropriate to lock this thread now.
Romdeau

Return to Catherina's Play Room