Any Shin Megami Tensei fans here?

Video Games

Any Shin Megami Tensei fans here?

Postby MarcosSama » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Any Shin Megami Tensei fans here? I for one, could be possibly called a fanboy of the franchise as a whole. The games all have their charms but I must say that Nocturne and Persona 3 are my favorites so far. Anyone else? What's your favorite STM game?
MarcosSama

Re: Any Shin Megami Tensei fans here?

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:16 pm

I own Persona 3 FES, Nocturne, Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga 1, and Digital Devil Saga 2.

Of them my favorite has been Persona 3 though I haven't completed all of them. I love Persona 3s strong story and adventure elements, they provide a nice break from the constant grind of the battle system even if it is fun.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby GunCastor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:28 pm

I really liked Persona 3, I even got the FES version afterwards. However, I can't seem to get myself to finish Digital Devil Saga.
GunCastor

Postby Belphegor » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:50 am

So fair I've only picked up Digital Devil Saga - picked up both games when the second one first came out as both were fairly cheap and I was in need of a new series. Was really enjoying them at first and the story was really quite intriguing but had just completed the sewers and was getting near to the end of the game and for some reason I just didn't have the inclination to continue any further. Well that was about this time last year and not picked up the game since - I really should get round to finishing it but like GunCastor I can't bring myself to do it.

Been meaning to pick up Persona 3 and nearly imported FES when it was first released but then remember DDS sitting in my wardrobe unfinished and decided to give it a miss, for the time being at least
Belphegor

Postby MarcosSama » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:50 am

Atlus does limited presses of their games so I would recommend you get a copy fairly soon. I bought both Digital Devil Saga games off of ebay late in 07 and yeah... they rip you off on ebay. lol
MarcosSama

Postby numerrik » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:20 pm

I have P3FES and love it, i want to get some of the others.
numerrik

Postby Skyress » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:10 pm

i have P3SMT i think i'm fairly close to finishing. p3 is very fun to play and its not like the usually games where u dont get the option to decide when to fight and still progress through the story. the good thing is that i found on gamspot is after u beat the game once u get the new game + like in final fantasy games and there are extras and stuff
Skyress

Postby Afmii » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm a huge fan of the shin Megami Tensei series, I at one point had most of they're games but not really anymore. I'm currently planning on whither or not i should buy p4 in Japaneses.
Afmii

Postby GunCastor » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:49 am

The Persona 4 American release date was announced at Anime Expo, it'll come out December 9th this year!
GunCastor

Postby bobbamobba » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:21 pm

saw this the other day and was wondering, is the girl at 0:37 doing the hare hare yukai or am i seeing things?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3EC5Rv ... re=related
bobbamobba

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room