Any Shin Megami Tensei fans here?

Video Games

Re: Any Shin Megami Tensei fans here?

Postby Grain » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:10 pm

bobbamobba wrote:saw this the other day and was wondering, is the girl at 0:37 doing the hare hare yukai or am i seeing things?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko3EC5Rv ... re=related

If she is, she's doing it in reverse.
Grain

Postby GunCastor » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:52 pm

A lot of stuff from Persona 4 has been posted all over the internet since this game has been out in Japan for a small while now. There's so much spoilers posted on youtube, I'd be careful looking up stuff there or any gaming place that's talking about the game.
GunCastor

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:34 am

You think they'll eventually have a P4:FES as well? I was lucky to not take a chance on persona until FES came out, it basically obsoletes the original, yet I loved it so much I don't think there's anyway I'm not getting P4 the day it comes out, if it does have an expansion chapter released I'll just end up buying that too.

In any case, right now I'm doing my best to remain in P4 ignorance, I don't want to be spoiled at all but come in completely unknowing like I did with P3:FES.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby GunCastor » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:56 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they did come out with an add-on like FES, it being so popular and all. From what I hear, P4 sold really well in Japan. It seems like a lot of popular RPGs on the PS2 get add-ons, like Persona 3, Final Fantasy X-2, Kingdom Hearts, and so-on.

I won't say more about P4 except that it looks awesome and new features sound interesting as well. Wouldn't want to spoil your enjoyment of the series, O Timid One.
GunCastor

Postby DearestNight » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:55 am

I own more megaten games/merchandise than I want to list. >_< Been a fan (one of the few things in life I really qualify for that title about) somewhere around 11 years, if I remember right. Hell, various aspects of the series/pseudo-series' is what first prompted me to begin studying Jungian psychology as a teenager. Though if I had to pick one absolute favorite, it would probably have to be the first Persona. The Shin Megami Tensei core series is amazing with its theological reflections, but the first Persona struck a cord with me. It focused deeply on the psyche in extremely creative ways. I loved it. Anyone who isn't scared off by ancient graphics should definately play, even if just for the story, which became the founding story for the rest in the series really. Duality.
Be a craftsman in speech that thou mayest be strong, for the strength of one is the tongue, and speech is mightier than all fighting. ~ Maxims of Ptahhotep, 3400 B.C.
DearestNight

Postby Ginjiro » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:40 am

Huge fan of the persona series
i wish i could triy the japan only digital devil story
they sound interesting
but i dont kno how to get one and i cant read **** tht well

;a40
"So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating?"
Ginjiro

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 am

A while ago I was trying to track down Persona 1 and 2 but all my attempts at winning them on ebay failed, kept getting out sniped in the final minutes/seconds. They really need to release some sort of Persona Collection with the PS1 persona games for one of the new systems. I think the persona and SMT franchise is now popular enough that such a collection could sell quite well and wouldn't take all that much work to put together.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby GunCastor » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Speaking of the older SMT games, Persona 2: Innocent Sin was never released stateside. A fan-translation patch was released recently, just yesterday in fact. Good luck finding the game so you can patch it though.
GunCastor

Postby LegendsEnd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:58 pm

the fan patch is actually really well done, too bad I don't have the time to be playing too many games as of late :(
LegendsEnd

Postby Ginjiro » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:57 pm

GunCastor wrote:Speaking of the older SMT games, Persona 2: Innocent Sin was never released stateside. A fan-translation patch was released recently, just yesterday in fact. Good luck finding the game so you can patch it though.

THERES A FAN PATCH FOR IT!
TELL ME HOW TO GET IT guncastor

;a40
"So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating?"
Ginjiro

PreviousNext

Return to Catherina's Play Room