What is your favorite type of RPG character?

Video Games

What is your favorite type of RPG character?

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 am

You can go as much in detail about this as you want. If your most desired type of character class didn't show up yet in any of the RPGs you played you may summarize here what makes it so original.

Personally i am not very sure what i like, but some combination between an archer and a mage might fit best the description. Probably best class there could be, despite the fact that i greatly enjoyed playing savage (an AoE melee class) in Rohan. It performs hilarious sword dances while fighting and it looks so amuzing, i just had to like it.

Before that i think i tried archer and mage in almost any RPG. In some RPGs (such as mu-online) i totally detested the archer class because it was all about sparkles.

Some RPGs got me confused on what to play more between an archer and a mage ...

The rogue class is also one that i greatly like but it's usually not fancy enough for me. The diablo 2 assassin is just amazing! That's where i greatly enjoyed playing the rogue more than anywhere else.
In some cases i didn't bother playing the rogue because they are either too hard to level, too expensive to get good armor set for them or both or there were even more issues ...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Re: What is your favorite type of RPG character?

Postby garcia1000 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:50 am

Scantily clad girls with large boobs!
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby methebest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 am

garcia1000 wrote:Scantily clad girls with large boobs!

lol

i usealy like warriors who can use magic but not super strong magic kinda like shamans in WoW
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Artist » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm definitely more so the ranged strategist character, someone who's got a clear sense of the big picture, may be weak in direct comparison to other units, but stronger in the sense that there's always special tricks up the sleve and used at the critical moments to turn the battle around. Macro management, the more variables the better.

But then again, I guess it just kind of boils down to "I hate generic characters."
Artist

Postby Phenoca » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Yes - non-generic for the win.

I like characters who have theme music.
flood + Pakistan = hunger
Phenoca

Postby Eladin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:37 am

the non-teen angst young and whiny kind.

but for like...class builds? meh...they all have their strengths and weaknesses. i actually kinda like warrior classes if it comes with particular bonuses that the other classes don't (like using all weapons)

i got attached to my WoW warrior because he could use pretty much every weapon in the game...which made it great fun training them all up and equally so i could walk around killing things with a staff while people randomly walked by saying dumb things like "dude, you should really use a (whatever weapon they think is more befitting a warrior)" good times.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby FaytSaratome » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:40 am

The Monk or Martial Artist class. They usually have the highest agi than other classes and highest vit. Sometimes they lack agi and have str though.
FaytSaratome

Postby harvest4god » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:48 am

From prior games I played, my all time favorites were the Paladin from WOW. I had a set up where I could solo anything. Since with my set up I would have my mana recharged before I had to heal again. It was nasty.

And my other was from Diablo 2. My Melee Sorc. Yes, my precious. It was my PVP monster.
harvest4god

Postby Demongod » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:35 am

Sorceress, because she can farm without much items.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

Return to Catherina's Play Room