What are you currently playing?

Video Games

What are you currently playing?

Postby Belphegor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Pretty self explanatory really. Tell everyone what your playing at the moment and share your impressions about the game or just talk about your progression, though please avoid spoilers. Not entirely sure how many gamers there will be on the board but I suppose a thread like this is always a good place to start.

Well at the moment I'm finally getting round to playing Atelier Iris : Eternal Mana for the PS2, am about 10 hours in and am finding it fairly enjoyable so far. The story's not progressed as much as I would have liked but I think its going to start warming up sometime soon.
Belphegor

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby GunCastor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 pm

I really like the used section of video game stores during the summer as I can finally go back and play things I missed during the schoolyear. But I found Odin's Sphere for like $20 brand new and bought it right then.

Like everyone that played it said, the game looks really good. I'm in the middle of the 2nd character, out of 5 different playable characters. It seems like they're reusing bosses for each of the characters, which is sorta lame. But it's a fun game to play.
GunCastor

Postby erestor » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:23 am

if we are talkin console games i am about 75 % complete with ff XII
which aint as bad as i though it would be
it is hard to get used to the non turned based battles
and the auto targeting but it is still pretty fun and addictin'

when it comes to online games there are a couple from ijji i like to play
like soldier front and drift city... sf is a first person shooter and dc is a racing game that emphasizes on drifting
i like to play gunz [but the on from the company]
not the ijji version
ijji has too many people jumping around swinging their swords and the only way to kill them is to do the same thing
it is funny how they trash you if you kill them with a gun
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Rad!oZonde » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:56 pm

well at the moment I'm playing through Killer 7, Eternal Darkness, and Phantom Dust on the consoles

on PC I'm playing Galshell: BloodRedSkies, and Cactus Arcade

handheld wise It's Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, and Rhythm Tengoku [had to import it sadly]

Killer 7 is pretty crazy, even trying to describe it would probably give it away.
I am really liking Eternal Darkness. I never had the chance to play it when it first came out. Basically you try to piece together what is going on the first few chapters, but later it all starts to make since. The game has a very unique way of progressing the game by way of chapter pages.
Phantom Dust caught my eye simply because the story and gameplay are completely unusual, The graphics are amazing and the music fits well with the setting [even though you can use your own music in the game]. Think of it like final fantasy tactics, but everyone has psychic powers, the fighting is real time, you can destroy your surroundings, and the story itself is worth playing.

Hm Galshell is a japanese space shooter. But unlike the countless others I played, this one would probably freak some people out [go ahead and search it but I've warned you]. The game itself is kinda textbook. Upgrades to weapons and such depend on how much enemy cells you can gather. I was really close to beating the game, but that last boss -_-. Though after playing each mode, I still have this feeling that normal mode and hard mode are a bit unbalanced [I can beat the first boss in hard mode yet in normal mode I have a bit of trouble.] So far the best mode [in my taste anyway] is omake mode which is much faster than any of the other ones and a bit harder as well.

Cactus Arcade is just a game collection gallery program that links up with games made by Cactus. Depending on your style of gameplay Cactus Arcade has a game for you. http://playthisthing.com/cactus-arcade This one is really unique, I learned about them through playing the mondo series at a friends house.

I'm a pretty huge Castlevania fan, so of course Dawn of Sorrow is something I'll be playing for a while. I can't wait for their next game 'Order of Ecclesia'

Rhythm Tengoku is, at heart, warioware on super acid. You play though a song like in other rhythm games. However, you also have to complete a task to the beat of the music. After completing a list of tasks, a 'mix' will appear [similar to the boss battles in warioware] placing all of the tasks you just completed into a music video/boss battle. I really like the idea, I hope they bring the game over to the US like they did with Ouendan.
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby Kyoshi » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Console:
Dark Sector, CoD4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Bioshock

Handheld:
The World Ends With You, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, some I can't remember

PC:
Sins of a Solar Empire, Quake Wars: Enemy Territories(on occasion), random MMORPGS and upcoming Alteil

Also Rad!oZonde, Good choice on Phantom Dust. I still put that in and play it when I get a chance to, the storyline was great in my opinion and the gameplay was fun. And to me it adds a bit of card type game into because you basically have to build a deck of your favorite Psychic attacks/defenses/other so that you can be slightly unbeatable. I think Optimization was my favorite environment and Aura Cannon was the combo with it.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Chronomaster » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:05 am

BONESAW!
Go look it up. It's a really tough freeware platformer. Very oldschool with the cheap deaths.

Also, I've been playing IIDX GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD, Audiosurf, Arcana Heart, and whatever comes in.
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Rad!oZonde » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:16 am

chronomaster wrote:BONESAW!
Go look it up. It's a really tough freeware platformer. Very oldschool with the cheap deaths.

Also, I've been playing IIDX GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD, Audiosurf, Arcana Heart, and whatever comes in.

make it make money!
[insert barely understandable english]
make it make money!
[more barely understandable english]
lol the song is really catchy. I have it as a ringtone.

man I love IIDX [lol helping hand steve]. There is a online version called BeatBeatRevolution I like to play at times. I'm really wanting to get ahold of The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai. I will check out BoneSaw I'll search for it after I post here.

@kyoshi: Phantom Dust was money very well spent. I am wondering why there aren't many games as awesome as that. I mean there are great games out right now, but not many of them are really out there in their presentation. Its that feeling of unexpecting that really draws people to it.
HENSHIN GO!!!
Rad!oZonde

Postby Chronomaster » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 am

Rad!oZonde wrote:@kyoshi: Phantom Dust was money very well spent. I am wondering why there aren't many games as awesome as that. I mean there are great games out right now, but not many of them are really out there in their presentation. Its that feeling of unexpecting that really draws people to it.

I just wish the game was more popular. :<
BEATMANIUH
Chronomaster

Postby Kyoshi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:47 pm

chronomaster wrote:
Rad!oZonde wrote:@kyoshi: Phantom Dust was money very well spent. I am wondering why there aren't many games as awesome as that. I mean there are great games out right now, but not many of them are really out there in their presentation. Its that feeling of unexpecting that really draws people to it.

I just wish the game was more popular. :<

I also wish there was more online players that still play it...

And ya The Dishwasher looked and played like awesome game... I was slightly crazed when I found out it was a demo. Then realized they keep pushing back releasing those home made games onto Live which makes it worse for some people who are lack patience. And away I go to look up BoneSaw.

Also anybody else played that Surgeon game on Adult Swim?
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby animedemon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:58 pm

right now im playing Growlanser5, Chaos War and Mana Khemia
alpha36
animedemon

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room