What's a yomi..?

Video Games

What's a yomi..?

Postby Zetsurin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Any Alteil players who competitively play fighting games?

Just wondering.
Zetsurin

Re: What's a yomi..?

Postby Multi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:59 pm

I know me and Nehless do.
Image Sometimes, it's like this.
Multi

Postby Zetsurin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Neato. What do you play?
Zetsurin

Postby pangloss » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 pm

I don't play super competitively or anything, but I enjoy BlazBlue and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Yomi looks pretty cool, I've just never been sure whether it's worth shelling out for the cards or not. The PDF doesn't seem unreasonable though.
pangloss

Postby YOUsir » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Yomi is iterated rock paper scissors.

You know that I know that you know that I know and so on. You have to predict where in the yomi cycle your opponent is, and try to one up him.
And now, a special comment...
YOUsir

Postby Multi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:54 am

yomi is derived from 読む which is "to read" in japanese.
Multi

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 am

Which makes sense since it is used as a term to "read your opponent".
LoneKnight

Postby MTCosta » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 am

Yomi is a fantastic game. I was a beta tester and I still kinda want to relive those beta days, heh. There's so much to the game that makes it fun and challenging to predict the opponent's move. You also have 10 different characters to choose from, and the balance is very good - every character has a very real possibility of winning. Check it out: http://www.sirlingames.com/collections/yomi
MTCosta

Postby Zetsurin » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:42 am

Agreed, MTC. It's a great game. I was just trying to be witty with the thread title, but I'm glad it sparked discussion haha

Personally, I've been playing Street Fighter for two years and BlazBlue since NA release - extremely hyped for NA Continuum Shift release next Tuesday!

My ulterior motive for making this thread is that I'm seeking some people to get matches with online. I've been posting on shoryuken and dustloop for several months and I've only weeded out two people that are halfway serious. Rest end up being trolls/scrubs. To elaborate, so you don't think I'm a cynical douchebag, one person last weekend for example went through the effort of requesting friendship and then ragequitting and blocking me later that day ;; I've got a plethora of local friends that are gamers, too, but they've all given up on fighting games because they're too casual and lazy(also tried getting them into Alteil but that's a different story). Oh well, let them go back to their Gears 2 online or whatever.

By the way, I play on XBL not PSN. SSF2THDR, BB CT/CS, and SSF4 (MvC3 to come) are my games.

Figured I've got nothing to lose posting here... I'm going to EVO 2011, and I need people to consitently train with to level up my game some more. If SnakeEyes can go to EVO2010, his second tournament, and land first place in HDR - with Gief, no less - then I can too.
Zetsurin

Postby Multi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:10 am

get a ps3, because xboxlive is where the majority of the scrubs play, and almost none of the serious players play. This isn't a console debate, but just the truth. I'm not really sure why serious fighting game competitors prefer the ps3. Probably because those who play pad prefer the pad more and online is free.
Multi

Next

Return to Catherina's Play Room